26 | Breakfast Interrogations

Tell me how we're not alikeBut we work so well and we don't even know whyFunny how the stars crossed right'Cause we work so well and we don't even know why— Why by Sabrina Carpenter

But we work so well and we don't even know why
Funny how the stars crossed right
'Cause we work so well and we don't even know why
— Why by Sabrina Carpenter

Tell me how we're not alikeBut we work so well and we don't even know whyFunny how the stars crossed right'Cause we work so well and we don't even know why— Why by Sabrina Carpenter

"Good morning, sunshine!"

Gray seemed to be in high spirits today as I stormed out of the dormitory building. I walked over to him with a scowl, fighting the strong desire to punch him in the face.

"After being forcefully woken up at five-thirty in the morning, do you think I'd be in a good mood? I think the fuck not!" I growled.

His mouth twisted into that perfect crooked smile I liked. "Have I ever told you how adorable you look when you're angry?" he said.

"Argh!" I screamed in frustration, bumping my forehead to his chest. "I despise you so much, Stanford. I went to bed at two in the morning because of you!" I complained, raising my chin to look at his face.

He was staring down at me, his beautiful emerald eyes twinkling brighter than the morning sun. Realizing this, I quickly took several steps backward. Being in close proximity with Gray wasn't healthy, especially when the mere sight of him sent my heart into a frenzy.

"Mine?" he gasped playfully. "But I did nothing wrong."

"Because of your joy to annoy me, I couldn't finish my paper, and it's due next week!" I retorted, scrunching my nose in annoyance.

"I find it extremely amusing" — he poked my nose — "how you crinkle your nose and puff your cheeks whenever you're annoyed with me, which is most of the time."

"I do not do that."

"Yes, you do."

"Then does it mean you're annoying me on purpose?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Dipshit."

He chuckled and squared his shoulders, his eyes scanning me over. "I like your shirt."