45 | A Compromise

And, I'll drink till all my blood is filled with youTill the whiskey drowns my sorrow,and I'm not thinking about tomorrowwhatever it takes to feel you again, to feel you again— 1000 Years by Liza Anne

Till the whiskey drowns my sorrow,
and I'm not thinking about tomorrow
whatever it takes to feel you again, to feel you again
— 1000 Years by Liza Anne

And, I'll drink till all my blood is filled with youTill the whiskey drowns my sorrow,and I'm not thinking about tomorrowwhatever it takes to feel you again, to feel you again— 1000 Years by Liza Anne

As soon as Isaac introduced himself, Summer bolted to the kitchen while screaming at me not to come after her. We could hear everything from the living room. She was coughing, vomiting, and cursing at us to drop dead.

"Did you know that Nick and Jordan broke up a few days ago?" said Isaac, breaking the silence between us. "Heard it was bad."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Weren't they planning to move in together?"

"Apparently, Jordan's been acting weird these past few weeks. He's been snappy and in a perpetual bad mood. They ended things the next day after the incident at the resort."

"Who ended things after what incident?" Summer asked, walking into the living room with the plate of waffles I prepared for her. She placed it down on the coffee table and squatted on the floor by my legs.

"Jordan and Nick," Isaac answered.

"Oh yeah, Nick told me all about it," she said before stuffing her mouth with the food. "Jordan's stressed out with his family's current financial situation."

I shook my head, slightly bemused. "Are we seriously having a normal conversation right now?"

Summer shrugged. "I'm starving. I need food to think."

"Me too, actually," Isaac chimed, reaching for Summer's plate.

She swatted his hand away and sneered at him. "Get your own food. I'm still mad at you."

I nodded in the direction of the kitchen, and Isaac was out of the couch in a snap. The clinking of silverware against the plate filled the silence, and I tilted my head slightly to one side, watching Summer's face brighten as she shoved a waffle into her mouth.

"You're not eating?" she asked.

"Not hungry."

"You should have something, Gray."