11 | Love and Pain

I feel a little nauseous and my hands are shakingI guess that means you're close byMy throat is getting dry and my heart is racingI haven't been by your side— What a Time by Julia Michaels

I guess that means you're close by
My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing
I haven't been by your side
— What a Time by Julia Michaels

I feel a little nauseous and my hands are shakingI guess that means you're close byMy throat is getting dry and my heart is racingI haven't been by your side— What a Time by Julia Michaels

It was Saturday, and my first week in university was officially over. Victoria and I drove down to IKEA at nine in the morning as planned. Our initial plan of buying only a towel rack ended up with us spending close to three hundred dollars.

"I'm spending the rest of the day with Liam," Victoria said as we loaded the trunk of her Mercedes with our things. "Gray's coming over to tutor you in Accounting and Statistics, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm hopeless when it comes to calculations."

"My child, remember to hang a sock on the door handle, alright?" she said with a devilish smirk. "Mama Victoria doesn't want to walk in on two people getting their jiggy."

"Victoria," I grumbled, pinching her on the arm.

She laughed louder. "You're adorable and fun to tease, babe. Your face is beet red already."

I stuck my tongue out to her briefly, then trudged forward to the passenger's side. Victoria was still laughing when she unlocked the car, and we both slipped inside, but she managed to stop once she started the engine. Chase Atlantic filled the air as we sped down the highway, accompanied by deaf tone singing done mainly by me. Victoria was a great singer.

Arriving at Brickfields, we spotted Gray entering the dorm building, and Victoria honked shamelessly, causing a few heads to turn in our direction.

"You wanna bet on what Gray's going to do next?" she said.

I shook my head. "Nah-uh, you know him better than I do. What do you think he's going to do, though?"

"First," she cleared her throat, "he's going to open the door for you. Second, hold a hand out for you. And third, take the heavy things we bought and bring them upstairs."

I snorted. "I'm in. But if he misses one thing, we're watching Supernatural tonight."

"Deal."

Victoria stopped the car right in front of the building, where Gray was waiting with arms crossed against his chest, and just as she predicted, he opened the door for me before I could even unbuckle myself.