06 | Dared To Kiss

Got to take a deep breath, time to focus on youAll the big fights, long nights that you been throughI got a bottle of Tequila I been saving for you— Good as Hell by Lizzo

All the big fights, long nights that you been through
I got a bottle of Tequila I been saving for you
— Good as Hell by Lizzo

Got to take a deep breath, time to focus on youAll the big fights, long nights that you been throughI got a bottle of Tequila I been saving for you— Good as Hell by Lizzo

The soccer house was a seven-minute walk from the dorm. It appeared more like a mansion with its long driveway, concrete walls, and tall glass windows. The area was also secluded and surrounded by different houses of different styles. Victoria said there were three more sections like this in Brickfields and that it was where the fraternities, sororities, and sports teams lived.

Prying eyes were on us as we walked through the massive foyer, and my throat tightened as we passed different parts of the house.

There was a group playing beer pong in the dining hall, another inside the game room engrossed in front of a PS5, and another playing pool and darts. A few people greeted Victoria as we slithered our way to a vast, modern kitchen that was far less crowded than all the other rooms.

A girl with deep-red hair pulled Victoria aside, and they both squealed enthusiastically. Not wanting to ruin their moment, I diverted my attention to picking up a red cup from the kitchen top, my nose scrunching in disgust as soon as I saw a fake eyelash floating in the alcohol.

To think of how that even reached inside was just unimaginable.

I scanned for a trash can and spotted it near the fridge. I picked up at least seven more cups, throwing the contents into the sink and then the cups inside the bin. Once I was done, I leaned against the counter where rows and rows of alcohol were placed.

"Babe," called Victoria, pulling her friend by the elbow as they approached me. "I want you to meet Scarlet. We've known each other since high school."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," I said, smiling. She looked absolutely stunning with her deep-red hair and tanned skin.

"Scar, this is Summer. My new roommate."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "You're Summer Hale? The one from the rumors?"

"Rumors?" I questioned, my forehead creasing.

"Oh shit!" Victoria cursed loudly, slapping a hand to her forehead. "I forgot about that. There's a rumor going around in Brickfields about Gray having a girlfriend."