44 | The Perfect Disguise

When you're looking at meI've never felt so alive and freeWhen you're looking at meI've never felt so happy— Dandelions by Ruth B

I've never felt so alive and free
When you're looking at me
I've never felt so happy
— Dandelions by Ruth B.

Everything about tonight was perfect; the sound of Gray's breaths, the heat from his body, and his fingers burning me where it touched

My head rested on his chest as his fingers traced my back lazily. "You have the stamina of a bull," I blurted out.

I thought we'd stop after the first round, then spend the rest of the night catching up and making out. But we ended up going for another two rounds. We soaked in the bathtub for fifteen minutes after the first, which really helped with the soreness between my legs, then he pounced on me again. Like I said, the stamina of a bull.

Gray's chest shook as he laughed, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I really missed him and everything that came along with him.

I could finally say that Gray was a charismatic gentleman in public, but a beast under the sheets with a really filthy mouth. And I loved both sides equally.

"Rain check?" I asked.

"I searched for the person who drugged you," he said, his hold tightening around me. "We found him three days later."

"Is he in custody?"

"If you call being buried six feet underground as custody, then sure."

I propped myself up on my arm, eyeing him with wide eyes. There was nothing but direct bluntness as he stared up at me with those bright green eyes.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He was found dead in his house."

"You shouldn't have started with that," I grumbled, feeling a twinge of panic in my chest. I brushed off the feeling and scowled at him playfully. "You just ruined my libido."

He laughed again. "You're awfully quirky tonight."

"I just got laid, Gray. Cut me some slack."

He pinched both my cheeks, making me wrinkle my nose in annoyance.