zane - soulmates

#57
A random draft I had in here and decided to finish it

Black.

White.

Grey.

That was all I could see, they were the only colours I knew. At least that's what they were called.
I had heard of terms like 'yellow', 'pink', and 'green'. For me they were just grey. Different shades of grey.

Some people had the pleasure of seeing some colours but not others. I wish I could see more than just blah.
I never really minded the grey colours. That was until people started to rave about how much colours were amazing. I grew jealous overtime. I wanted to see the marvellous colours in my every day to day life.

"Y/n," my mom called as I stared out the window. I ran down the stairs, creaks coming out at every step. "I need you to get..." She started to ramble as she made a list of groceries. I started to nod with her words going through one ear and out the other. "Here's my card. Make sure your phone is on you because I might call you."

"Okay," I replied. I grabbed a couple of bags to carry the groceries in and headed out the door. The sun rays hit me very harshly, my regret of not wearing sunscreen grew each second. People who saw colour made weird remarks about people who couldn't. Not everyone met their destined soulmate that quickly.

They always made games with colours. Like getting skittles and asking me to sort them. I thought it was a fun challenge until they laughed in my face when I was done. I almost punched one of them until the teacher came. I transferred to another school after that.

The streets were flooded as always, people and cars everywhere. I took this very loud time to enjoy nature. Too bad the climate was getting worse and air pollution was shit.
Okay so not everything was rainbows and fresh daisies.

I lived near the edge of the city, and if it was crowded here, I was terrified to know how busy central Ninjago city was.

After ten minutes, I reached the store. I strolled inside, not bothering to go to the produce isle like my mom said. I headed towards the frozen section. I only wanted ice cream then I'll do the shopping as my mom said. I looked around and finally decided on getting cookies n cream. I reached for the handle at the same time as someone else. A millisecond later, I became blind. Two full seconds later, I could see again. This time with colour.

"Oh shit," I exclaimed, rubbing my eyes, dropping the reusable bags. The guy had fell as well. He was looking down before looking back up again. He was literally the most handsome guy I had ever met in my life. I choked on my spit, then proceeded to cough. I stood up right away after my coughing fit and so did he.

He had white hair and the bluest of icy blue eyes. I think they were blue. They looked similar to my friend's eyes and she said they were called blue. I was so intrigued. His skin was very pale and yet no sunburns. "You?" He asked. I nodded very slowly, confused.

"I don't know what to say. I've been alone for so long I didn't think the time would come," I chuckled nervously, he smiled warmly at me.

"I am Zane."

"Y/n," I held out my hand. He was weary before reaching out. His tense hold relaxed. I think he was scared that we were going to go blind again. I was too but I didn't tell him that. "Um, I guess we're supposed to be soulmates."

"Soulmates?" For fucks sake. I got a soulmate who doesn't even know what a soulmate is? This is what my life has come up to.

"Can- can we talk after we both do our groceries?" I asked. He nodded, we got our ice creams and we separated after that. Honestly, I felt a bit hazy from seeing bright colours. I couldn't even describe what it was. After paying I waited near the door with my stuff. He came out with a bunch of food, damn who was this guy feeding? "Hey."

"Hello. Would you mind if we walked to my vehicle while you speak? I would not rather having to hold all of these items for a long period of time." His way of speaking was so exquisite I didn't believe he was from around here. I replied with a 'sure' and I quickly explained what a soulmate was.

"...that is why now you can see colour."

"Maybe that was what Kai was talking to me about. Yes, I can see colour. It is a bit strange though." He grunted as he shut the trunk of the van. I didn't question who that was. "So we are destined to be with each other."

"When you put it like that, you make us sound like some kind of prophesy. I guess this is easier than finding someone." He smiled at me as he leaned on his car. "This is weird isn't it?"

"Aren't we all weird?" He chuckled.

"We are," I agreed. "Should I give you my number so we can see each other again?" He gave me his receipt and he ironically had a pen. I wrote my number on his receipt and vice verse. "See you someday, soulmate." I saluted as I grabbed my bags.

"Goodbye," he flashed me a smile.