~Zanexreader~Birthday?

#10
Another one. It's been a while

Word count: 997

Request:meeeee

Universe: tv series

Status: friends

Prompt: "I do not have a birthday Y/N"

Age: 17

Warnings: a bit touchy. Not the bad, kind the cute kind

I enter my room sighing happily of the day we just had. We just finished up Jay's birthday party. It was so much fun.

Jay and Nya exchanged cakes, like the lovers they are. Cole tried to finish all of the cake. Kai sucked at 'pin the tail on the donkey', but was being to stubborn about it saying he'll get it next time; to which he didn't. Lloyd was eating all of the candy. Jay was trying to peek of what presents he got but we stopped him in time. Oh ya, and Zane. Zane....

Didn't have any fun. He didn't play, eat cake or even socialized with us. He was in the corner. Sad.

I get up and get out of my room to go to the kitchen where Zane is. As I entered he had a frown on his face cleaning while the rest are watching a movie. I wanted to sleep, but now I have a change of plans.

"Zane"

"Mmhm" he responded

"Do you have a birthday?" I asked him. He tensed then released a breath. Even though he doesn't need oxygen. He walked towards me. My breathing caught on a hitch. I've never been this close to a boy. Nindroid. Same thing.

"No" he simply says without emotion not looking at my direction; Looking at the floor.

"No?"

"I do not have a birthday, like all of you guys
Y/N. I'm a Nindroid"

"How about we make one up for you?" I try convincing him. It's sad that someone so amazing like Zane can't have a birthday. It makes him feel like an outlier. He deserves to feel normal, treated how everyone else is treated. Him being a nindroid makes him no different than us.

"I don't think that would be the most wise decision" he says as he gets back to cleaning the kitchen.

"C'mon I don't want you to feel left out. We celebrate everybody's birthday but you" I beg

"No" he says sternly

I leave before I do I hear him sigh and frown. His eyes are shiny a bit. He can cry people move on with it.
Fine. If he doesn't want to do a birthday I'll give him one, with a little help.

Sadly, Mr.Julian (is that his name?) passed away a while back. Asking him will be a problem. Unless we do some magic shit that'll work.

Luckily everyone was in on doing a birthday party for Zane. We're decorating the place. This is a week later by the way. We asked Echo Zane what day that would be preferable for his birthday and luckily it didn't pass. So, Today's the day.
Zane went grocery shopping with Cole. Let me tell you, a trip to the groceries with Cole is gonna take a lifetime.

We get everything set up and ready. They left 3 hours ago so they should be back by now. I'm telling you never take Cole with you.

They came finally we hide behind the couch in the living room as it is dark. Cole snook off without Zane knowing (I hope. They're ninjas for Ninjago sake). Zane calls for our names but none of us responded. Wu and Misako aren't here cause they said I quote 'I don't want to be participating in something that another person doesn't want'. I don't really understand that so, I just shrug it off, they talk in some formal language.

When Zane turned on the lights we jumped out of our hiding places and yelled

"SURPRISE"

Zane just stands there; frozen. He doesn't move. His eyes are watery. Awww tears of joy. He then dropped the bags and ran to his room I suppose.

"Do we still get cake?" Cole asks. Everyone shoots him glares. He put his hands up in defence.
"What?"

I have to solve this it's my fault he's sad. I walk to his room. As I'm in front his door I'm now deciding if I should go in or not.
I have to this is my fault. I knock on the door, he doesn't answer. I don't blame him. I open the door, I see Zane on his bed his back facing me while I hear sobs. I walk further in closing the door behind me. He heard as he tensed and turned his head until he can see me not fully looking at me.

"I think it's best if you leave me alone" he says quietly. I don't listen (like the stubborn person I am) and walk towards him. I sit on his bed beside him.

"Is there a reason you don't celebrate your birthday?" I ask breaking the tension. It's so think I'm gonna need a butcher knife to cut it.

"I don't have one" he repeats what he said last week.

"Echo Zane said he had one. He said it's the day you're made" explaining the theory Echo said.

"Fine. I have one like all of you. I don't celebrate it because..." he trailed off. This is like a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers.

"Because..." waiting for him to continue. This is stressful.

"It is the same exact day my father died" he said barely above a whisper.
This is the reason. I feel so bad. I don't talk and wait for him to continue.
"I feel that if I celebrate the day I was made, I celebrate the day he passed. I feel like, I am being content he's gone" he starts tearing up. I just wrap my arms around him. He lets me hug him. This is somewhat warm; considering he's the master of ice.

That's how we spend the rest of his birthday and the death of his father.

As we celebrate and mourn in the warmth of each other