cole - not here

#55
some little thing I wrote to cope with the grief.

"COLE!" Jay yelled from the ladder. Immediately I found out what was wrong. I ran towards the ledge and watched Cole fall.
They said the most tragic moments happen in slow motion, but I didn't experience that. I wished it was in slow motion so I could see him longer; see him alive longer.

But the moment was fast and quick.
Immediate and hasty. Sped through faster than what I would've liked.

My heart fell to my stomach, it's weight pulling me down. With the strength I had left, I stayed looking over the ledge. He had disappeared into the clouds. The clouds of darkness.
Cole said himself that it felt cold. That one of the tentacles were freezing on his ankle before Lloyd cut him out.

Kai's scream was louder than I would've liked. His yell tone deaf, but with my own boyfriend falling from this height, I couldn't even hear my own thought, let alone a yell loud enough to turn heads.
I didn't sob at that moment but immediately felt an arm around my shoulder. It was Jay. He sobbed. When the lightning was sad, he needed a hug. He goes to the nearest person, as to why he didn't go to his girlfriend.

Turning my body, I wrapped my arms around him as well to let him cry his eyes out. I felt the need to cry, the itching of the throat, my nose feeling weird. A simple sob.
Numb. That was how I felt. That was all I could feel. I wasn't sure if my heart broke or turned black. Because either way, I couldn't feel it. Not without my other half. Not without the other person who completed me.

I felt the ship turn a bit, then finally fixing back on track.
The eyes staring at us, worried, scared. The news crew that selfishly didn't flee when they needed to, when they had the chance. They were the cause. That built up my anger, I guess Jay felt me go tense and hugged me tighter.

That was when I started to cry.

I gasped for air as I sat up.

The rush from the nightmare I had. I heard calm whisperings, a hand rubbing my back up and down. His voice calmed me, especially the way it slightly echoed.
"Hey, hey. I'm here," he told me. I calmed down, my breathing regulating a bit.

"If only you were real," I murmured as he embraced me, focusing enough so he could actually hold me. "There's not a day pass by where I don't think of you."

He sighed, and I knew what he was going to say. "You know this is the last time you can see me, right?" His ghost form said as he sat across me.

I didn't cry as I already did the last time he told me that he only had one more visit. "What am I supposed to do without you?"

He held my hand. "It's been a year, Y/n."

"Doesn't matter." Since Cole has already been a ghost and lived in this realm instead of the cursed realm, he was gifted to be here for a year before permanently leaving. It flew by so fast. "I love you. I'll never stop loving you, ever."

His hand left mine and cupped my face. "I'll never stop loving you either. You have to move on."

I shook my head. "No. I'll die single. I don't care."

"For me," he insisted with a small smile on his face. He was dead and he had to comfort me. How pathetic was I? "I never wanted to leave you. I don't want to leave you again. My time is up."

"Life is so unfair," I groaned as I choked a sob. "All I want to do is lie in bed, cuddle and eat cake with you. Was that too much? Was it?!" I yell to my ceiling, directing it towards cloud kingdom. I wanted to punch the person who was writing Coles fate so I could change it and make him human.

"I love you." My face dropped as he started to fade away. He told me when he was going to leave he would say 'I love you' as his last and final words. I thought we had another hour but I looked at my clock. It was near sunrise.

"Wait- no, no, NO!" I screamed as he kissed me before fading into thin air. "No!" I shouted one last time as I broke down. I hadn't cried this hard since his funeral. The team rushed into my room with fallen faces. They knew of ghost Cole visiting me and he would hang with them as well.
They knew what had happened and watched me cry my heart out.

All I wanted was him to be here. That was all I wanted that was all I wished for. Now he was gone.