cole - forgiveness

#71

New series whooooo

HEALING SERIES:
same concept

this is a tester. this is not an xreader nor do i plan on the rest of this series being xreaders.

you will be able to vote after the third of the tester gets released.

"go on the phone and tell someone that you love them. you never know when your last moment with them will be" - some empath probably

this was somewhat healing for me. i hope you can forgive those around you if you can.

It wasn't everyday that Cole thought about his dad.

Not even a passing thought or something he considered. However, the topic of family came up recently and besides Vania and the team, he didn't have a family. Blood family anyways. Lilly was an only child and Lou had older brothers that passed a few years before Lilly did. Really, Cole was all alone.

He entered his room and looked at his table, a picture of his family when he was younger. Usually, his mom would catch his eye, but that day he couldn't stop looking at his father. The bright and big smile he had. The timeless mustache he would always trim; the eyebrows that ran in the family -the ones Cole loved with his whole heart- that created the most dramatic of expressions. Perfect on stage. Suddenly, he was hit with this wave of emptiness and guilt. It was from the inside of his chest and it was eating him inside.

He then realized that his dad is also alone. Sure he got his quartet and they were just as family as the ninja were to Cole, but the earth ninja knew all too well that it wasn't enough. It didn't have anything to do with them. Sometimes, having blood family or even just a mom or a dad was enough to make the circle complete.

A little piece of him didn't want to even look in the direction of his father. He still held a small piece of resentment for his father not being there when he needed him most. His mom had been sick for years until she passed. The doctors gave her a few months every time they visited but they never had an elemental be sick. Their powers possess natural healing qualities but it wasn't enough to keep Lilly's chronic illness at bay. When she did pass, Lou was nonexistent. In Cole's eyes, that translated to "I do not give a shit". Which fucking hurt. How was a teenager supposed to process his feelings without guidance? He already dropped out of art school behind his father's back and he didn't want to confront him about it.

Still, despite everything going on, Cole had this urge to go see his father today. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed his number.

"Hello, Lou Brookstone speaking." The voice was deeper and raspier than he remembered. It was still familiar to him and had a sweet effect on Cole.

"Hi, dad. It's Cole. Just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out today. We got a day off from sensei Wu and I thought it would be nice if-"

Lou was too excited to let his offspring finish. "Yes, son. Come over as soon as you can, I will have the tea on the stove as you arrive."

The feeling of joy entered the black ninja's system and all feeling of the weird urge went away. He knew it was some kind of gut feeling that was warning him of something but he ignored it.

When he arrived, he used the doorbell and the same custom made harmony played. Before, it annoyed him that this is what his dad would change the regular doorbell to. It couldn't have been him or Lilly saying it? Just his quartet buddies? Now, it was just fun. No one else had it, so it was cool in his eyes. Lou opened the door in a rush, a big smile on his face.