cole - in love

#53

Requested by: @ninjagorules12

Prompt: 40. "I think...I think I'm falling in love with you."

Warning(s): sex is mentioned but literally nothing else is gonna happen.

Thanks for 90K you guys are the best!!
We're literally less than 10K reads from 100K!!!

What do you think I should do for such a milestone??

The loud knock on the door surprised me that was for sure. Throwing away the remote beside me and my blanket, I rushed hastily to the front door, my feet slapping the floor when I reached the tiled floor.
I threw my arms around the guy who decided to visit which wasn't rare at all, but we had been drifting apart recently due to time management. Cole engulfed me back into a hug, the teddy bear feeling flowing back. Even though he had muscly arms, they were soft and comforting in an embrace.

Almost immediately, our lips found each other, the longing without each other's presence almost suffocated me. The kiss was my release. We heard a twig break, causing us to separate from each other. Blushing, we both looked down embarrassingly.
I didn't realize how long we were without each other. No words weren't exchanged yet, our eyes meeting for very brief seconds then looking away.

"Hi," he started, breathless, and blushing.

Chuckling, I said, "hi."

I was fortunate that it wasn't awkward, but rather comforting that we were both flustered about the same thing.
Us.
Taking a step to the side, I gestured to let him in, in a very formal way. He laughed, taking off his shoes as he held my hand. I was taken aback, I hadn't held his hand in awhile. His larger hand almost engulfing mine. Our fingers laced together synchronically, great mind thought alike.

"How's being a ninja and all?" I asked as an ice breaker. Cole laid his head on my lap, practically asking for his head to be massaged. I suppressed an eye roll, letting my fingers weave through his black, soft locks.
He sighed, and I knew it wasn't because of my massage.

"Stressful," he grumbled, exhaustion radiating from that single word response. I smiled weakly, my fingers continuing to massage his head. "I missed this. I missed you." He looked at me with a guilty expression. He always blamed himself for us not being together a lot. I knew the toll it took on him. I didn't blame him, he liked what he did and I was supportive of it.

"I missed you, too," I whispered at a low octave, leaning down to press a kiss on his forehead. Blush grew on his cheeks, his expression getting lighter. I relaxed that he was fine. "You know I don't blame you."

"But I do. I wished we can see each other more. I never wanted long distance."

"Me neither," I agreed. My hands left his hair to grab his hands. I rubbed his soft, calloused skin with my fingers. Massaging it lightly. "But you make it worth it. You make effort to call me, to check up on me, make sure I have my meds every morning."

"I forgot to call this morning. Did you take 'em?" He interrupted, his eyes growing curiously. I rolled my eyes this time.

"Yes, Cole," I reassured him, my hands squeezing his. "What I mean is, we have our bumps, but being with you means so much more. The thought of-" I realized that Cole was in some sort of daze. I furrowed my brows, silently questioning his stare. I gave an awkward smile, not knowing what to say. My tongue was left dry from the intense stare.
I looked away then back at him, only for the stare to intensify.

Before I could ask, he responded. "I think...I think I'm falling in love with you." My heart stopped. I dryly gulped, my mind spinning in a havoc. Breathing seemed impossible, especially with that curveball. My eyes watered, my emotions taking over me.

"I- I'm in love with you, too," I murmured, tears dropping onto my cheeks, finding a path to his face. He took one of his hands from my hold to wipe my tears. I leaned into his touch, caressing his hand with mine. The amount of euphoria I felt was astronomical. I felt like flying, soaring off the sky with him in my grasp.

"What now?" Cole muttered.

I chuckled at the sudden idea in my head. "I think...we're supposed to have sex." He pulled my face closer to his as he sat up a bit. I swallowed the saliva that built up in my mouth from the proximity of our faces.

"I'm okay with that; only if you are of course." My heart sped from the heat of his breath fanning my face. I think we got closer.

And if my smile couldn't get any better, it did. "Yeah, I'm okay with that."