~Jayxreader~ I love you?

#12
Ayyyy. Your girl is back for more oneshots.

Word count: 1494

Request: I wanted this idea

Age: 20

Universe: show

Status: Dating for 4 years

Prompt: "I love you"

Warnings/notes: This is cute in a wayyyy. Mentions of a make out session. Soooooo yaaaaaa. Enjoyyyyy.
Also follow my insta: SarahtheNerd_. Should I make a TMNT oneshot book. I feel like that would be fun.

I'm in love with my boyfriend.

This never happened before. I've never fell in love before. It's amazing though. Have those butterflies in your stomach due to his laugh. Blushing when he kisses you. Laugh when he's embarrassed. Feel tingles where he touches you; has been all amazing experiences over the years, but never have been able to pull the
L-word.
I can say it with joy. Just not to him. I've been trying to find the right time. I think today is the day. The problem is that I don't know how to tell him; or how to feel if he either doesn't feel the same way or he rejects me. I'm trying to find a way to cope with my feelings if any of the bad ones happen; if he feels the same way I'll go bonkers.

That's why I got Kai to help me. In two minutes. He's training and I'm waiting in the living room on my phone. Luckily, Jay is out to the mall. Let me tell you this guy takes so long to choose something to wear; that's saying a lot coming from me, especially since everyone says I take long. He has a very good sense of style, that's one of the things I love about him.

Love

How am I supposed to tell him?

"With my help" Kai says. There's little drops of sweat dripping down his face with a towel around his neck, and water bottle in his hand. Did I really say that out loud?
"Yes" I facepalm at my stupid-self. Kai was really eager to help me also, since apparently me and Jay is his OTP. I've kept that I secret though from the rest of the team since we love taking it out on people their embarrassing things.
"Okay, what do we need to do?"

"We can do a role play of all of the possibilities of him reacting to my confession. Then I'll go tell him" I explain my plan. This seems really stupid to do though. Plan out your way to confess your love? Well, it's better than talking to yourself in the mirror.

"Where should we do it? Here?"

"It doesn't matter; only if he doesn't see us" Is all I say until we start role playing.

Jay is driving home from the mall, with the car Y/n built of course. That's one of the things he loves about her. He loves her with a passion, but never knew how to tell her. He loved her for two years; when she only started loving him for a couple of months now. He's been scared of telling her due to his last experience of falling in love and confessing; to Nya. She took it well and returned the feelings. Well, only for a week as she cheated on him with Cole. Jay caught them and cried till Y/n helped him get over it.
He started seeing her more than a friend, as she returned these mutual feelings and started to date. On their second anniversary, Jays feelings for Y/n got stronger. He was terrified.

Terrified of falling in love.

So, he never told her, due to the fear of rejection and cheating. He told himself to man up and tell her how he feels no matter what. Keeping these feelings to himself isn't healthy; he needs to tell someone about this. That person is Y/n. It felt so right to him. It felt more certain than Nya.

He decided to make a plan to tell her as soon as possible. He doesn't know how; but he'll think of it as soon as he gets home.

"Kai one more time"

"Do we have to?"

"Yes, I want to make sure I'm mentally ready" I order him. I'm not really this bossy—unless I'm trying to invent and someone is 'helping' me—in general. I'm more of the nice one. At least I try to.
"One more time. I love you" I say to Kai. Now he's supposed to return the feelings and be overwhelmed by it-typical Jay. Kai jumps up and down, opens his arms for me to embrace. I run and hug him-though in real life I would jump and wrap my legs around Jays waist.

"Love?" An almost whisper that sounded broken. Kai looks guilty on who it is. I was confused, until I left Kai's embrace and fully turned around.

It killed me to see Jay standing there holding shopping bags. He got a torn look on his face with betrayal and sadness. He look like he was on the verge to cry I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea, It didn't mean to go to Kai it was just a role-play I obviously meant for it to be for him but I don't think he knows that he dropped his bag and he ran off to the hallway probably to his room I look over to Kai where he has a huge guilt on his face knowing he probably broke his best friends heart. I reassured him and pat him on the shoulder to tell him it's OK that it wasn't his fault and ran off to find Jay. 

I found all my bags packed, I didn't really live there and I wasn't a ninja. I was staying there for a few days in Jay's room-obviously. I looked in his room and he wasn't in there, I was wondering where he could be; but he doesn't go anywhere but his room if he's upset-especially since he assumed that I confessed my love to Kai. I would never confess my love to him he I'm not dating him I only love Jay but him taking the wrong idea to change everything.
I hear mumbling. It's coming from Nya's room.  I knocked on the door and I got no response; except shuffling lots of shuffling. What could the be? The question is very open to lots of things.  I open the door a barge in like it's my own room–though I don't actually have a room I just use Jay's– I go in there and I see Nya her hair is all over the place, and her make up for smudged; she looks tired really tired-as she's panting heavily. Surprisingly, she looks nervous. She never gets nervous;only if you know her well.

"Hey, Y/n. What's going on?" She stretches her words.

"Have you seen Jay? I need to talk to him" I plead. Her eyes flashed with hate. We've always been best friends, why is she mad at me?

"No. I haven't." The bitterness is worse than dark chocolate 90%. Let me tell you, that is really bitter. Meaning she's lying. I knew candy could always solve your problems.

"Okay, um-, I need some y'know. It's that time" I whisper the last part. I wasn't going to go all investigation on her, saying "you wouldn't mind if I checked your room". Who looks for a person like that?
She understood what I said and she went to her bathroom. I look around the room, till I heard a nervous voice. Typical, it's from the closet. Jay always mutter things to himself if he's nervous. It's a weird habit.
I open it and Jays there, almost same condition Nya was in–without the makeup. That's how he looks when we kiss; and it sorta goes all over the place. I was in shock. This is the Jay I'm meeting. His lips are red, and a bit swollen due to the kissing. His button up shirt was half done.

"Hehe" Jay chuckles nervously. I glare at him. He didn't even let me explain. He assumed and kissed Nya.

I feel weird.

I don't feel hurt. Nor do I feel disappointed. I feel nothing.

But, betrayal.

I called out for Cole. He came quick. We kinda picked up on his tardiness lately, so he tried to rush. He saw Jay, he knew Jay from the back of his head. He knew what happened since I wasn't in the same condition. Nya came out flustered; with hate and embarrassment. Cole was disappointed. You could see it in his eyes. He always try to stay strong, and tough. But he's the softest one out of all of us.

I grab his hand and leave with him. I tell Kai to tag along knowing he feels horrible. It's not his fault. I asked him to help me; for him to say it. Heck, I even forced him to say it, when Jay unexpectedly came.
So, I spent my afternoon eating ice cream with two boys who are kind of broken.

Why, is this all a déjà vu?