kai - promises broken (pt. 2)

#52
people asked for part two so here y'all go.

heads up: I'm starting school in a couple of days, so updates will be slower. I'll try doing them in my free time but idk how long that'll be.

Warning(s): mature language.

Kai dropped his phone when he got the news that his beloved, his love, his everything was in the hospital.

He was lounging in the break room in the monastery as training hadn't started yet. He was flipping through channels and the news was covering about a crash. Kai knew the car looked familiar, but at the moment he couldn't put his finger on it because he was too worried about Y/n.
Irony of it being that it was Y/n's car.

Crash leaves two injured.

His phone began to ring. His ringtone that was specifically for Y/n got drowned out by the news reporter on the screen. Unable to tear his eyes away from the tragic even he answered the phone, not even looking at the caller. It was a voice he didn't know, he pulled the phone away to see 'princessa 🥰'. But it didn't sound like her. It took him a minute to realize that it wasn't. "Who is this?" He asked, confused and worried.

"This is the hospital we are calling the last person Y/n called. You must be....fireboy?"

"Y- Y/n? What happened to her?" He stood up abruptly fear clouding his mind of what could have happened to her.

"She was in a car crash," the nurse informed the fire ninja. His heart stopped as it dropped down to his stomach. He glanced at the T.V once more; that was Y/n's car. She was the one who was on the local news. And now she's in the hospital. He should've protested more!

"Can I go see her? Please?" He whimpered, begging that the hothead could make sure his beloved is okay. The nurse complied, telling him which hospital and room number she was in. He was about to leave when he was stopped by none other than his sensei, Wu. "Oh, uh, sensei. I- I have to go. There's an emergency at the hospital." Wu overheard and nodded, stepping aside to give the porcupine-headed ninja to go see his beloved.

He bursted through her room, finding her asleep on the bed. His heart stopped beating at the sight of her wounds and casts. Kai wanted to cry but he was angry so his body temperature made the tears in his eyes to evaporate. Boiling off his skin. He paced around the room a couple of times before wanting to sit down. He took her bruised hand in his, hoping that he wasn't burning her.
Her parents came, worried for their youngest daughter.
The mom was not at all happy when she saw Kai.

"You promised to take care of her!" She yelled, her anger was bottled up for so long she had to take it out on someone. Kai was the perfect person because he didn't take it to heart. He felt the frustration radiating from them, but also lingered sadness behind it, the building block to all of this.

"She drove herself to the dentist."

The parents looked at the teen as if he grew a pair of horns. Kai looked back just as perplexed, his silent stare questioning there's.
"Y/n already went to the dentist last week. She doesn't have another appointment," the dad spoke up, his voice slow. Even though the married couple had a million emotions running threw them, confusion was the most prominent.
The response was left hanging in the air, but Kai already made a bunch of reasons why.
His birthday was in a couple of weeks, maybe she was getting a present. He couldn't see which way she went so she could've been headed for the mall.
But the news said the crash was in the opposite direction. Visiting the grandma? Changing a tire? Someone passed away? A party?

He got zoned back into reality when someone charged into the room. Everyone looked at him weirdly.
"Who're you?" Kai asked.

"I'm her boyfriend's brother, Tyrone," he responded. "My brother is busy so he couldn't come and wanted me to make sure she was okay."
Kai's heart shattered in a million pieces. He thought about the possibility of cheating but didn't think about it. Even after the excuses, the hard cold truth hits him. He covered his now and mouth with his hands, a soft sob escaping between his lips. More hiccups and sobbing emitted from his lips.
Tyrone got hit with a truck when he realized the familiar teenager. "Shit! You're the guy     Y/n's cheating on." And the truth came out. The answer of where Y/n was headed.
The parents were on alert at the sound of their daughter doing something so horrendous.

He sickly chuckled, wiping his tears, "I guess I am." The red ninja stood up, rushing past him and the parents. Tyrone followed, catching up to the heartbroken boy. When he did, he grabbed his shoulder and turned the boy around. Kai was already a mess in a few seconds of hearing the devastating news. He was tired and he had to do training. "Don't defend her, please."

"I'm not. My brother is a home wrecker and she is a cheater. There's nothing to defend. What they did wasn't right. But I hope you get over this, because that's a shitty move."

Kai wanted to smile, but the muscles in his face were tired. Licking his lips he nodded, giving Tyrone a bro hug. "Thank you," he mumbled, letting go of the hug and comfort.

🔥🔥🔥

"Babe, why're you ignoring me? Kai," Y/n called for Kai. When she woke up, her parents had disappointed faces and Kai's sweater was there, but no Kai.
A couple weeks later she was allowed to go to school. She only had a broken arm, luckily her legs were fine.

"I told you we're broken up, so leave me alone," he grunted through his teeth, the reason why making his blood boil. Didn't help that he had anger problems either. That wasn't even the worse part.
He had to make sure his powers didn't go out of control. So keeping his temper cool was definitely a challenge. She kept on begging him so Kai found a solution. He grabbed Y/n's wrist and pulled her to the back of the field. People gave them looks, thinking they might do something different so they let them be.

"I want an explanation."

Kai immediately broke down. "Wh- why didn't you tell me?"

She was baffled. "About what?"

"About your side dick! A boy came into your room and said that he was your boyfriends brother!"

"Tyrone," she mumbled. Mustering up her fakest smile, she tried convincing Kai that she wasn't. "Kai, you know I wouldn't do that."

"Save it. You and I are done," he swiped his flat hand across his neck. He walked away not listening to her excuses.

"I did it because you were getting boring. Same kisses, same nickname, same thing everyday. There was no adventure, no cool dates. I wanted to sleep with you, but you were clearly not interested." He stopped and turned around, walking back towards her.

"So why didn't you organize those dates yourself? Why didn't you tell me? Better yet, why didn't you just end things off?"

"Because you are a cry baby. You whine and complain about every fucking thing. Your anger is so bad, I'm scared of what your powers could do."

"That was the issue, we just didn't have trust. You never fucking trusted me! All of my friends aren't scared because they know I would never hurt them!" Fire spread from his feet, to the grass until a circle of burnt grass surrounded him. Y/n flinched, Kai didn't.
He did it purposely to scare her. "Cross me again, bitch, and I'll make sure it burns you." He flipped her off with his hands, a cloud of smoke leaving his mouth onto her face, she scrunched her face. It smelt like pine, not the usual smoke smell.

"I hate you!" She yelled, trying to get the upper hand at the ended conversation.

"Good to know the feeling is mutual," he walked away, getting over it. It took six hours of crying a day, but he was fine.

They said they were going to be true to one another.

But hey, promises get broken.