zane - pink

#61
am i doing a colour series? again idk but i like the thought of it a lot.

hope you have an amazing day loves <3

"You have to tell her, Zane. It's not fair to either of you," Cole told Zane on a Sunday morning after their daily sunrise stretches. Zane was cooking something for breakfast while Cole sat at the table, eating fruit while waiting for breakfast.

"It has been a month. Can I not wait a little longer?" Zane flinched before adding another pancake to his tower. He put more batter on the electric grill before turning around, just to be faced with a disappointed earth ninja.

"What if she doesn't accept you for who you are and you've been dating for a year? You're going to be more attached than you are now. Just rip it off like a band-aid!" He smiled. Zane didn't share those feelings. He understood Cole's logic, and it did make sense. But the conversation about telling someone you aren't human is next level scary. The world is still spinning, it's still evolving and the future is near. Humans being with nindroids can be normal to the human race soon. Right now, they were still in the early stages, so less accepting, and more rejection. At least the city is accepting that the ice ninja is a nindroid.

"Wh'chya guys talkin' 'bout?" Kai asked coming in, stealing a couple strawberries from Cole's plate of fruit. The raven didn't mind and didn't say anything.

"Our tin-can right there has to rip off a band-aid. It's a sticky one," he explained on behalf of the other ninja. Kai made a face that screamed 'yikes'.

The entire team was talking about this to him ever since he got his first crush after pixal. They said that he should ask indirectly if she would be fine with it, without giving away too much. He chickened out, his gears shifted weirdly and went to the bathroom. Even though he was unable to pee. As soon as anyone could blink, they were dating. Yet, she still didn't know.

Zane turned back to his pancakes after the timer in his head went off. It was only for him to hear. After flipping all of them, he mumbled a few words, "I want to tell her. It is wrong of me to believe that I can deceive her my whole life. I just...I am enjoying what we have now. I do not want to lose it just because I am made out of titanium and not flesh," the words cut Cole as he didn't see the situation in the platinum's shoes. Since he was human, he only empathized with her. Selfishly, he thought about her feelings only.

"Shit- sorry, bud. I didn't mean to kick your feelings to the curb. I sometimes forget that your feelings are near human."

Kai snorted, "I forget that Zane's a nindroid, literally all the time. I only remember when you use your body for facts or something. Even that I'm used to." The spike headed boy smiled, he then paused as he was about to take more fruit from Cole. "Is that offensive?"

Zane huffed, putting the rest of the pancakes on the tower, "no. I take it as a compliment really. I went almost half of my life thinking I was human." Zane looked at his hand that had synthetic skin. The rest of his body usually had a hologram of the old synthetic skin he used to wear. It was the same one he was tricking his girlfriend with. He felt bad, but for once there was a sense of normalcy in his life. "At times, I hoped to be human." His hands slowly formed into a fist, examining them like it was the first time.

"Nope! Nuh-uh! Zane, my boy, you," Jay came in here with a yelling storm, draping his arm around Zane's neck and poking his chest, "are a special being with special gifts! We humans are ordinary."

"We literally have elemental powers, Jay," Kai reminded him as he rolled his eyes. Jay flipped him off, not bothering to face his way.

"Look, I know how hard this is for you. But if she doesn't stay with you, it's not the end of the world. You have us and there's always going to be someone better for you." Jay's words were hushed and comforting. The white ninja rarely saw this side of the blue ninja. It was only when things were serious that he was serious too. To the point where he didn't even crack a joke to cope. It made Zane feel valued as a ninja, a friend, but importantly a brother.