morro - missing you

#46 I like this one

Requested by: Alexi_Simp @-bandaid @fruitgum7658 @_pasteloveralls_ _KronicApples_ + the comment thread about Morro. This is for you guys!!

I'm definitely making another Morro x reader. This is following DOTD (day of the departed)

I stared at the red lit lantern.

It's fire burning bright for those who had fallen. I had none personally who was deceased but there was someone I wanted to dedicate this too.
"It's hard for me too," Wu said, sitting down with a cup of tea in his hand. I sat beside him, putting down my lantern and took a cup that was meant for me. I looked at the photo of the fsm, bowing my hand respectively. Even though I had already seen the remains of him with the ninja, I wanted to pay my respects once more.

The cup of tea sat restively between my hands, the drink slightly swirling. I bit my lip before looking at Wu. "I wish it didn't have to end like that. There's not a day where I don't miss him. I- I wish I said goodbye."

"We can not dwell on the past as it already had happen."

"I want to give him one last hug," I confessed, taking a sip of the tea.

"You can, sweetheart," a voice said behind me. That voice. I recognized it anywhere. I spit my drink out, turning around instantly. He was right there. In flesh?

"Am I dreaming? Wu, AM I DREAMING?"

Wu stood up into a battle stance, his bamboo stick ready to fight. "I can very much see him."
Not caring about what Wu's worry that a former foe had returned, I jumped up to my feet and tackled him into an embrace. We fell over and I realized that he was a mannequin. Not just any mannequin. The same one from the museum we visited that day. "Stay back   Y/n," Wu warned but I tuned him out a long time ago.

"H- how? You're here. You're alive," I whispered in his ear. He hugged me back even tighter.

"Not exactly. I'm only here until that lunar eclipse is over."

I got off of him, my mood dampening. "So not for long."

"No," he whispered with the same tone of disappointment, "not for long. There is a way for me to stay. I would have to strike someone who had killed me. It wouldn't work because I technically killed myself."

"Y/n, I told you to stay back!"

"He has good intentions, sensei," I reassured the old man, standing up and helping Morro to stand. Morro walked closer and unsheathed his sword. I didn't even worry. Morro loved riling Wu up. I crossed my arms as they circled with their weapons. "Boys, are you done?" Morro chuckled at me before sheathing his sword again.

"I'm not here to fight you, I've come here to warn you."

"I'm sorry for ruining your plans."

"I'm over it," he smiled softly.

I stood in front of Morro, grasping his hands tightly. "You can always strike an innocent and take their place."

"Doesn't work like that, sweetheart," he laughed, a frown covering his face. I grasped his chin with my hand, forcing him to look at me.

"Smile for me, hun. Please. We aren't going to see each other again."

"That's exactly what makes me sad." He leaned his head near my ear. I wondered why since there was no one around. "I would take you right here and now, but I don't exactly have the right body to do so." I was taken aback as I blushed furiously. My mouth agape before he closed my mouth with a finger.
I licked my lips, biting to keep myself from grinning like a maniac.

I kissed his plastic self, trying to grasp on what I had left of him. Trying to at least touch the surface of what I had left. It was just his soul in a mannequin. The thought hurt, but him leaving ached more. I gulped, pressing my lips on his. Surprisingly he didn't taste like plastic which helped me a lot. Even though it was only his soul, it was enough to bring butterflies into my stomach. Enough to make me blush.
And enough for me to love him.
"I love you, Morro," I said to him in a whispered voice.

"Love you, too, sweetheart," he replied, giving me one last kiss on the corner of my mouth before stepping onto his display. Unsheathing his sword to stay in the same position he was before he was alive.
An unknown tear slipped out of my eye. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying once more and exited to meet up with the ninja outside.