kai - anger issues

#63
i felt angry one day and decided to write it out. so most of these are accurate to my own experience with anger issues.

writing about my feelings with fictional characters>>>

i just thought that kai might know what i've been through.

oh and not an xreader

also i'm really scared about posting this.

Kai punched the wall as he walked out of training.

"Kai!" Wu called out in a harsh manner, high of the frustration that ran through him. Said ninja ignores the call made by his sensei and didn't turn back.

The fire ninja felt his elemental powers course through his veins. Hot and bubbly like a volcano, ready to irrupt. He tried calming himself down, taking in those deep breaths like from those anger management videos he saw online. It was an understatement to say that it didn't work. In fact it made him more angry.
Ironically, he wanted to calm down. He wanted his heart rate to be normal, his stomach not aching every second from the feeling of puking out his rage, his mind slowing down from the thoughts he had and to feel okay.

But nothing felt okay. His chest continued to clench and he wanted a stress reliever. He wanted to feel pain. He deserved it. He needed it.
He wished for his rage to convert into fire to burn his clothes. But Wu always thought ahead and he obviously wore a fire-proofed gi. Kai wanted the embarrassment to take over his anger but he knew deep down that it would only making him angrier.
His words got caught in his throat as it throbbed against his adam's apple. Tears brewing at the corner of his eyes. There was no tears ultimately. But his nose itched and it made an illusion that he was going to cry.

He stepped into his room and paced. Burn marks covered the floor but no spark to start a fire. He wanted to calm down, he wanted his rage to calm down and be able to breathe. But every other second he spent in his room thinking about it, the more his chest pressed against his heart.

"You need to work harder!" Wu's voice echoed in his ear.

There was a new move they were all working on. Everyone already mastered it. But now it was down to the technique. No one had gotten it perfectly right (Excluding Zane) yet, but everyone did look like they were improving. Everyone except Kai.
When everyone mastered said move, Kai was a natural and only had to brush up on a few things. The fire ninja never improved from there, even with the amount of time spent on his form and landing. The rest of the team caught up to his level, with Cole and Nya at almost perfection, and Kai was still at the same level as he was at the beginning.

It was frustrating to be told that you weren't working hard enough, that you didn't care enough, that you were lazy.
In all honesty, Kai was losing sleep over it. He stayed up and drank all of Jay's energy drinks to try to master the move Wu wanted them to desperately do.

But everything he did

wasn't

good

enough.

It looked like Wu couldn't see the small bits of progress he made in contrast to the team's big jumps of progress.

Kai closed his eyes tightly as he remembered this morning vividly. They all lined up after sunrise exercise, backs straight up, as they all knew what was going to happen.
The new move was introduced nearly two months ago. It was part of their routine to practise it for an hour or two before they started their normal training.

The red ninja had dark circles under his eyes that he forgot to cover up with his sister's concealer that morning (she has no clue and will continue to not figure out). His hair was chiseled from the storm last night when he decided to practice outside not to disturb anyone. He had no intentions to fix his hair with his gel so he left it. His eyes begged to close with the lack of sleep he had for the past few weeks but fought of any feeling of such.
His nutrition was out the window so that didn't need to be talked about.