kai - comfort

#59 missed me? (if you have a request, i am not doing any until i feel better (emotionally and mentally) and when school isn't triggering my mental health as much) please read the end!

The sun's blaze burning any human flesh at hand. It's UV rays bright and blistering. The ninja and I have somehow ended up at the beach. With Jay's constant begging and Lloyd's guilt tripping because he's his nephew, Wu allowed us to go. He put Cole in charge (as the oldest one does) and let them have a break.

They've been stressed over the past few weeks and I could see it whenever I visited. When I suggested that they should go to the beach, they were happy - to say the least. Kai was a bit hesitant but he couldn't suggest another place for two reasons: one - they rest were already set in stone, two - he didn't think of another place. In simple terms: it was settled.

We managed to go to a beach that was far from civilization for extreme relaxation. They didn't want to deal with swarms of fans coming at them and ogling their eyes at their bare bodies (especially Nya's). Cole brought that up because even if he didn't mind, Nya, Jay and Lloyd were not comfortable with people oddly staring them down. Luckily, Zane immediately did the work and found a secured and closed off beach with safe waters.

When we got down from the bounty, everyone stripped their clothes for their swimming attire and ran into the water. It was fun to see a nindroid this excited about water if I'm being honest. All but one fire ninja went. At first, I thought he was being humble and wanted to set the towels and the umbrella. I helped him in that aspect and I was waiting for him to run to the water. He did quite the opposite. He striped his clothes until his swimming trunks and sat on his beach chair.

That confused me.

I sat parallel on the other beach chair, facing the porcupine who wore his sunglasses so I couldn't tell if he was trying to sleep or not. I didn't say anything because I was so perplexed of what was going on. Kai was the first one to do anything fun along his brothers. He was the daredevil (nicely put beside Jay). I thought he was going to cannonball and splash everyone with water.

I looked at everyone who did go into the water and they didn't bat an eye. Was there an actual reason or he wasn't feeling like it? No one really seemed to care. I looked back and he rose an eyebrow. "You do know I can feel your stare?"

Rolling my eyes, I nodded. Stupid ninja senses. "Yes. Are you feeling okay?" I placed my hand on his forehead, but it was his normal hot temperature. When he was sick, you were able to give yourself a burn trying to check his temperature.

His faced towards me with a roll of his neck. "I'm okay. Go in the water with the rest. I'll join you later, I just want to sleep." My gut screamed that it was a lie, I knew he wasn't going to sleep nor join us, but I didn't want to bother him. I sighed, standing up and took off my clothes as well.

"Fine."

It was twenty-five minutes later when Pixal joined Kai while we were still in the water. I didn't know what happened because something grabbed my leg and pulled me down. I screamed as I got surrounded by water. When it let go I floated back to the top, breathing for my life. Everyone started laughing and I did too. "Who did that?" The snitches pointed at Zane, and my jaw dropped. I didn't believe it.

Before I could swim towards him to get him he left a comment. "In my defense, Cole and Jay were the ones who told me to." The two boys widen their eyes before I jumped on them both sinking into the sea. We all floated back to the top before we were all pulling each other's legs.

While Nya was screaming victory when she grabbed Jay's leg, I grabbed hers and pulled her away. I let go and we both swam to the top, laughing our butts off. Kai caught my attention and now he was alone. "Nya?"