kai - want

#81

why do i have 3 (including this one) imagines about kai and the setting is always at parties? we will never know.

uhhh i had to cut it or else i would have never written it and posted it so sorry if you wanted more.

hope it's nice to see me and there's no resentment *thumbs up*

I was never the best at knowing what to wear for parties. I got invited here and there but dressing myself always was the hardest part. I got my best friend to help me but she wasn't really that helpful.

"What's wrong with that outfit? It looks great!"

"It looks like I'm asking for it, Nya." Her eyebrow raised at me in bewilderment through my screen and it was obvious that she was confused.

"Asking for what?" My umpteenth outfit was a tube top with a skirt that fluttered above my knees. It was cute, I liked it but was it party appropriate? I wasn't too sure. My boobs on the other hand were showing at the top and that made me slightly —a lot— self conscious if I was doing it for attention or for myself. I always questioned my intentions. I was on the hunt for a boyfriend since uni hasn't been the most fun and a couple of my friends suggested getting to know someone.
My studies were always my first priority but I guess I was too in my head about losing track that I never let loose. So, my goal for third year was to start doing that.

Because I wanted a boyfriend, dressing for parties got harder. Did I look like I'm single and ready to change that? Or did I look like I was ready for a hookup with no strings attached?
Nya said that the line was blurry when it came to clothes, but I wanted to make sure.

"My chest is just out. It doesn't give off 'I'm looking for something serious'."

"Your point?" She paused from doing her makeup to look at me.

"I want the opposite of that!" I yelled at her as I walked to my closet to look for something else. I lived at home as campus was really close and so did Nya. We had known each other for what felt like forever and even know of her little secret after a teeny weeny incident in high school. Involving Jay and Zane but the details weren't important.

"Y/n, I don't know why you're overthinking this. The party is being thrown by my brother. You could dress in a trash bag and it would be fine." She began to lag a bit but then it's fine. I couldn't make up my mind and her words were too calm to match my annoyed energy. I was tired of changing but not satisfied of what I currently had on. My clothes littered my room that definitely was going to be cleaned or else my mom would flip out.
"Y/n. I am being serious when I say that I love every outfit you wore. But don't feel pressured to get a boyfriend. All of our friends are boy crazy, which is fine, but their pressure shouldn't go to you as well." I should listen to her words and I did. I was sure I only heard what she had to say but I never applied it to myself at the moment.

Nya was a person who already had a boyfriend, Jay, since high school. They say not to take your high school girlfriend/boyfriend to uni but they went against all odds. I wished I had listened to her earlier as she was the only person in our group in a relationship (aka. the person that everyone should listen to about this stuff). But my doubts and the words of our —single and boy crazy— friends got the best of me.

"Okay. I will just keep what I have on. Maybe just a jacket?"

"Cardigan."

"Sweater."

"Jean jacket. Ripped."

"Jean jacket. Not ripped."

"Your cropped jean jacket." I hesitated for a bit. I couldn't think of anything else. "It's not ripped," she singsonged.