~Jayxreader~Movie!Espresso

#26

Request: Me because Jay isn't getting requested

Word count: 860

Prompt: "Black coffee with three shots espresso."

Universe: Movie

Age: 18

Status: long lost best friends that had crushes on each other. But none confessed because of Jay unexpectedly yeeting himself to Wu.

Note/Warning: Of course this is Jay and he would forget how his childhood bestie looked like.
Jay crying. If he cries-

Sometimes I wonder why I decided to take this shift.

Someone got sick and boss offered me to take the position. Of course I took it for the money, but didn't realize about the fatigue that would come with it. There wasn't really anybody, to be fair, it was three in the morning. I had to have a shot of espresso every two hours to keep myself awake, I know that I would regret it later on but I'm trying to enjoy the time where it didn't do anything than giving me energy.
The café is your normal go to place, it put Starbucks to shame. The prices are cheaper and we have more tastier food.
According to what the customers say. I honestly had no problem with both, they both were good.

The sound of the bells on top of the door made me look up to see who it was. I curly haired boy, with freckles splashed on his face, wearing completely blue except for that orange scarf that came with. I was surprised of how he pulled it off. When he came to the desk, I couldn't say anything.
"Hey, yeah, can I get a black coffee with three shots of espresso." It was more of an order than a command. It didn't bother me, the desperate look on his face and the way he looked at me reminded me of someone.

"Uh, sure. Name?" I asked getting an empty cup and a sharpie. He looked like he wanted to pounce and get all the coffee there was, but refrained himself of doing so.

"Jay Walker. I mean- Jay. Just put Jay," he stumbled over his words. When I wrote his name and looked at him, it clicked.
Jay,
the blue,
his quirky self.
That was my best friend. Jay walker! We used to talk all the time, make inventions ( more like me assisting than creating some myself) and play. He got lost one day and never came back, he looked so much older, and looked like puberty didn't treat him that well. His voice was still a five year olds voice, but a hint deeper than that. But his face was another thing. It was the same but with more defined features, making blush.
The effects.
They didn't leave, I still had a crush on him. Shit, I thought I moved on. When Frank gave Jay his order, I could hear him thank him hesitantly. He was still the same before he left.
I watched as Jay sat down and drank his coffee straight away.
But it's still-
He burnt his tongue. I was going to laugh at his stupidness but stopped myself when I saw him crying. I immediately went around the desk and leaned towards him.

"Hey, are you okay?" My voice was gentle. To tell him he's okay with me. He looked up, and that's when I really took in his eyes. His eyes mesmerized me. Both of his parents had dark brown eyes, it made me wonder how he got blue eyes.
"It's alright, Jay."

"It's just m-my dad passed," he sobbed. I felt saddened quickly, I was very close with him.

"Ed?" I asked. His face shot up, traces of his tears shown on his cheeks. I hope he remembered me by now.

"How do you know his name? I didn't say it, and I say a lot of things." His voice was in all seriousness. No trace of sadness was in it, but concern.

"I know you say a lot of things. It's me Y/n," I pointed at my name tag. More tears fell from his eyes.
Did I make him sadder or happier? Couldn't tell.

"Y/n!" He hugged me. I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around his torso. I missed this.
I missed him.
"I missed you so much." He shakily breathed out. I whispered the same thing back, blush rising up my neck. His breath tickling my neck, making the hairs stand up. Goosebumps forming because of his breath. My stomach did flips, the effects never left in the first place, they were just dismissed.
He parted, still holding my shoulders and looked at me straight in my eyes. Blush splashed on his face, almost making his freckles nonexistent.

"Jay," I finally breathed out.

"I just need to do this," he said before forcefully grabbing my face and smashed his lips with mine. My mind went blank. I couldn't process shit going on in my head. He was kissing me.
When he parted, everyone around us cheered. Making me blush more than I should.
Before I can question him, he gulped down the remaining of his espresso and got up. He had his hand on the door, waiting to open it by the had to say some things to me.
"I'vehadacrushonyousincewewerelittle." I gawked at him, disbelieved that he actually did.

"But, Ed?"

"Not him. My birth father. I'm adopted." He rushed out. He was what now? I felt something on my neck, when I reached to grab it, it was a small sheet of paper. With his phone number.

Espresso sure makes you hyper.