Chapter Twenty Five

Nolee

"Hey, you wanna get outta here?" Zack's gruff, elated voice is near my ear, sending electricity flying through my veins.

I take a step away from him, eyes focused on Lia and Xavier, who look suspicious with stupid grins on their faces. One look at Lia's blushing cheeks and Xavier's ruffled hair, and I know what they've been up to.

"No thanks."

"Hey, what's wrong?" Zack steps in front of me with a worried frown on his lips.

I turn around and grab my red cup of Sprite. No alcohol for me tonight, even though I need it to dull this annoying ache in my chest. If I drink, I'm going to chew Summer's head off, and probably knee Zack in the balls.

"Nothing."

"Uh oh, what did I do?" Zack chuckles but it's nervous.

There's a beat of silence between us as Zack gives me my space and waits for me to speak.

I'm mad that he doesn't know what he did. How can he not know what he did? Ugh, I want to smack him and kiss him all at the same time.

Slamming my cup down, I turn around and glare up at the QB.

"Why did you let her kiss you?" My words are harsh. I'm overwhelmed as I feel tears cloud my vision.

I am not going to cry over a guy.

Don't you cry, Nolee Rumi. Men are trash, they don't deserve your tears.

Yeah, but it's Zack...

"Who?" Zack looks genuinely confused.

Wow.

"Summer."

"Oh," Zack pouts, too relaxed for my liking, "I honestly don't even remember her kissing me. I was too busy thinking about when you were going to jump into my arms and kiss me."

I'm going to murder him.

Ugh, why does he have to go act aloof and then say stuff that makes my heart all gooey?

Zack cheekily grins, too amused.

"Nolee Rumi, are you jealous?"

"In your dreams." I bite with a glare which makes the stupid jock laugh like a psychotic clown.

I'm not jealous.

I'm just...mad.

I don't want him kissing another girl. Or touching another girl. Or looking at another girl. I want him to look only at me. Hell, I'm the cheerleader he annoys all the time. I'm the one he sends fuck-boy snaps to. I'm the one who waits giddily every night for his corny, crude texts.

When I saw that bitch kiss him, I wanted to drag her by her ugly ass hair and smack her into the next century. From what I recall, the dude doesn't like her, so how is she going to throw her skanky ass at the quarterback and act as if they're lovers?

Zack smiles and invades my space, trapping me against the kitchen counter. His variety jacket makes him look even bigger and broader. I'm having very inappropriate thoughts of me and him and that jacket.

Chill, girl, drink some water.

"Woman, you are in my dreams, and let me tell you, the things we do, we'd need to go to church every Sunday for those sins." Zack smirks, eyes on my lips.

His scent is intoxicating. Zack, fresh-laundry, and green-apples.

Zack cradles my cheek, his hazel eyes softening.