Chapter Ninety Four

Lia

Summer ended and along with it came new hopes and dreams. Being back on campus after the last year feels...strange. So much happened. Loves happened. Hearts got broken. Friendships healed into stronger loves. Dreams came true. I went to New York. I fell in love with him all over again in the city of my dreams. I chased my dream and have a stable position at the studio after I graduate.

It's crazy.

Mom and Christoper, Colton's dad, are in a serious, sweet relationship. Elijah is still stalking that poor girl but the other day, he freaked out because she texted him first asking him to go watch the movies with her and he had no idea how to act after that. I laughed my heart out seeing him so flustered and confused. He was literally having a mental breakdown beside my bed. But he eventually ended up going. He won't admit it but he's completely whipped by that girl.

I'm checking my tote bag for my sketchbooks when my phone vibrates in my hand.

She's asking me what book she should read — Elijah

What the fuck am I supposed to do? — Elijah

Ask her which one she wants to read least then choose that one — Lia

But I don't care which book she wants to read — Elijah

She reads too many books — Elijah

She prefers to read than talk to me — Elijah

She's crazy— Elijah

I'm not choosing. I don't care — Elijah

My laugh is unattractive but I don't care. This idiot is hopeless. I go to send a text back to him but my feet stumble on something and I'm falling. But not on the concrete ground. No. I fall onto a human.

Two strong arms wrap around me to keep me from hurting myself. But before I can freak out that I've fallen onto a complete stranger, I lock eyes with the person who has been in my dreams forever. My heart flutters at the sight of him.

With a light smirk, he guides me to my feet and gathers up my fallen bag.

"You're clumsy." He teases me with a hint of arrogance.

I pout, softly glaring at the familiar skateboard that has slid to the sidewalk.

I'm going to kill Hudson.

"It was an accident. Don't be mean."

He steps into my personal bubble, staring down at me with affection in his gray-green eyes.

"Don't care. It's just annoying when a certain stupid lovesick girl can't stop tripping over skateboards and falling on top of me."

My pout morphs into an amused, happy smile.

"Maybe you shouldn't have fallen for her."

Xavier grins with his dimples then leans in.

"Too late. I already did."

With a kiss on my cheek, he walks past me, leaving me with butterflies in my stomach.

Blair

My head is bent over my sketchbook as I go over some materials that I found in a thrift shop yesterday. The beginning of junior year brings forth more challenging projects.

Which is a perfect distraction for what the past two months have put me through.

Before I can be sucked into that dark ocean, a soft kiss flutters my crown and instantly, a warm smile appears on my face. He comes to stand beside me, leaning against the table, and stares down at me with nothing but love.