Chapter Seventeen

Nolee

"Hey." I smile at Zack as he opens his apartment door.

"Hey." Zack murmurs, looking too aggravated.

My brows furrow, smile falling, instinct kicking in. I cradle his face, worry controlling me. Zack looks like a man on the verge of wracking havoc. There is anger writhing in his hazel eyes and his physical appearance awakens my sexual monster.

Despite his mood, Zack looks hot. Ragged in a sexy way. Dressed in gray sweats and hoodie and a little scruff on his chiseled face. I could take a bite out of him and wouldn't even feel sorry.

"What happened?" My voice softens once I snap out of my thirsty reverie.

Zack's eyes flicker in dark loathe.

"My father happened."

My heart drops along with my palms.

"Again?"

"Again," he snaps, "And this time, it nearly escalated to my fists to his face."

My eyes widen in utter shock.

"What?"

Zack sighs in annoyance, he looks like he's about to break something.

"Can we go have pizza? I want pizza."

"Yeah sure, let's go."

<3 <3 <3 <3

"What?" I self-consciously ask Zack as his hypnotizing eyes stare at me in a daze.

Zack grins boyishly, dimple popping. Gosh, he's so gorgeous.

"It's satisfying to see a girl eat without a care in the world," Zack's eyes sneak a peek at my lips before smirking, "It's hot."

Warmth spreads my cheeks.

I gobble on my pineapple pizza, the cheese is perfectly stringy and the pineapple is melting in my mouth. I peek at Zack and he looks so lost in his thoughts that he's barely touched a slice.

"You wanna talk about it?" I start off softly.

With Zack, I have to be cautious about how I talk about his problems because he can get so worked up about them that he'll literally lose his temper. Zack is a very emotionally expressive guy.

Zack sighs, avoiding my eyes. I hate it when he's feeling like this. This is not the Zack I know and care for.

"I'm sorry, Nolee."

"What for?"

"Every time this happens, I'm running to you," Zack runs a rough hand through his dark blonde hair, curling his hands into fists, "I'm throwing everything on you. I feel like a jerk"

This boy.

"Zack, I don't care if you throw everything at me. I care for you, therefore, I'm here for you," I cherish his clenched fists on the table, "You can rant about how cheesy this pizza is and I won't bat an eye, you can tell me anything, you know that."

Zack looks at me, gratitude pouring out of his honey-colored eyes. His hands unclench and he laces his fingers with mine. For a moment, I stare at our twined hands, this feeling of tenderness sweeping my heart.

"I know, that's why I always come back to you," Zack softly speaks, "You're the only one who I trust and care about when I'm like this, like a fucked up mess."

My heart twists in uncomfortable ache watching his handsome as fuck features morph into defeat and anger.

"Hey," I reach over and caress his cheek, "You're not a fucked up mess."