Chapter Forty

Lia

Xavier drops onto the sofa, leg's spread, throwing his head back and closing his eyes. I take off my sweatshirt and go grab the first aid kit from the bathroom. When I sit next to him, his eyes watch me as I clean up his wounds.

Bloo is laying on the floor in front of us, watching us both.

After cleaning the blood, I put a band-aid on his cheek and bandage his right hand because his knuckles are badly wounded. His eyes are on me as I clean up his wounds.

For a moment, we stay in silence. My heart is pounding with anxiety. Seeing him like this is heartbreaking. I want to know what happened so that I can make him feel better. If anyone hurt him...

"Xavier...," I grab his bandaged hand and hold it in my lap, my eyes stuck on him, "What happened?"

Xavier looks away, clenching his jaw and his hands curling into fists.

"He came back."

"Who?"

"My fucking father."

My heart stumbles in shock.

"What happened?"

Xavier rests his head back and closes his eyes. I can feel the anger oozing off of him.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Before Xavier can answer my worries, his phone rings. I look at the screen and see mom with a red heart emoji. And for a moment, I smile secretly because he has me saved as lia with a pink heart emoji.

"Your mom is calling." I softly tell him.

Xavier lifts his head and looks at his phone, letting it ring.

"She's probably calling to curse me out for putting hands on her ex-husband."

My eyes widen.

"Oh my god, you hit your dad?" I cry in disbelief.

Xavier looks at me in vicious animosity, making my heart stutter in surprise. He's never looked at me like that before...so it's a little unnerving.

"He abused me and raped my mom, Lia, it's the least he deserves." His words are unforgiving and make me feel stupid for even reacting like that.

But hitting his dad is...no, he did what he thought was right. I have no right to tell him that his actions towards his father are bad because he's doing that for him and his mom. And his father deserves it. I just don't want Xavier to regret it.

"What he did was horrible but violence is never the answer, Xavier. It only deepens those wounds." I softly say.

Xavier frowns.

"He raped my mom, Lia."

Xavier gets up, Bloo raises his head and watches him. Xavier leans his forehead against the window, looking so vulnerable.

"He wants her back," his voice is quiet but hard, "Wants her back like he didn't rape her and traumatize his son."

I hate seeing him unguarded and in anguish. Xavier is always so unbreakable like nothing can unnerve him.

Getting up, I walk over to him. I grab his face and make him look at me and my heart tightens at the agony in his gorgeous eyes. My emotions overwhelm me but I blink away the tears.

This is not the time to be a cry baby, Lia.

Xavier steps closer to me, our proximity so heartfelt that the warmth makes me feel at peace. He leans his forehead against mine, his eyes sparkling with tears as they look into mine. My heart beats in surprise and sorrow for him.