Chapter Eighty Five

Nolee

"We need this."

"No, we don't need that, put it back Zack."

"Oh, this for sure."

"No."

"This, I could use."

"Zack."

This has been going on for over twenty minutes now. The boy can't stop picking up random, unnecessary stuff we don't need. It's adorable to watch him get excited about us living together. I've got a list of things we need to get typed up on my notes app on my phone.

"Bed sheets." I murmur under my breath, reading off the list.

We're strolling through the bedroom area. Zack's pushing the cart as I glance around, fascinated by the displays with pillows in my arms. Zack insisted we get fresh new bedding for our new chapter in life. I stroll over to a display bed and sprawl myself on the soft mattress.

"Holy shit," Zack's huge body joins me, "This is soft."

I turn my head to meet his eyes but he's already watching me.

"Are you excited?" I softly ask with a hint of longing in my voice.

I'm going to miss my girls so badly. 

At first, when Zack asked me to move in with him, I hesitated because the thought of leaving my girls was unnerving. We've been together through thick and thin. To imagine a life without them in my daily routine is a life that doesn't exist. On the other hand, I was in love with this incredibly amazing guy, I was engaged to him and we would start a new chapter in our lives.

My girls are always going to be a constant in my life but my forever is with Zack. 

Zack's eyes brush over my lips.

"I'm just annoyed we hadn't done this sooner."

I laugh at his cute, honest answer. Our compatibility is crazy and that's what makes us work. We're both headstrong and sentimental. We love being around each other as much as apart from each other.

Zack grabs my hand, laces our fingers together, and kisses the back of my hand. My heart murmurs with warmth and love for my fiancé.

"I can't wait to sleep next to you and wake up next to you for the rest of my life." Zack caresses my cheek and I know how we must look lost in love in the middle of Ikea but that's us. We don't care about the rest of the world.

The love and care in his eyes are heart-wrenching. It's surreal that he's mine. Not one day goes by that I don't look into his eyes and not fall in love all over again. He's impossible not to love.

Zack

After getting back, we continue finishing unpacking. Nolee is in our bedroom organizing our bedding. Fuck, I can't believe I can finally call it ours. Once I've cleared out the trash, I walk into our bedroom, my eyes raking over my girlfriend, and peace like never before washes over me.

I'm home.

This is my new beginning with the girl I'll be calling my wife.

I walk towards her and wrap my arms around her waist. The moment her body touches mine, my insides burn with want. Nolee kisses my cheeks sweetly, brushing her fingers over my cheeks. My hands trail down and rest on the small of her back as I grab her hand. The sight of my ring on her finger is fucking crazy. It makes me crazy with protectiveness and possessiveness. Nolee lovingly smiles and with a happy sigh, I crash my lips on hers.

Gripping the back of her thighs, I haul her up and she wraps her legs around me. We stay like that for a moment with my lips caressing hers, her hands in my hair, and our tongues exploring our desires. She's so small and fragile in my arms. I love that she feels like that with me and only me because Nolee hates being fragile.