Chapter Thirteen

Nolee

"Colton." I holler at the tall blonde football player.

I'm baffled as to why he's back.

Everything turned brighter when he left, Lia was happier and herself. Colton coming back is only going to bring back the bad memories for her. I'm curious to understand why he's come back, if it's for Lia or football or something totally different. We're not in high school anymore, he doesn't have a territory or platform to hurt Lia but his words can still destroy her and me and Blair are going to make sure he stays the hell away from her if he's planning on being a jerk.

Colton's eyes turn pleased upon seeing me and Blair.

"Nolee, Blair, it's good to see you two."

I roll my eyes at his casual tone as if he's known us forever and we're the best of friends.

I could beat his ass up right now. But damn, he's gorgeous.

"Colton, what are you doing here?" I ask, pushing aside my traitorous mind.

Colton seems genuinely confused, his electric blue eyes swimming with the emotion.

"What do you mean?"

Colton is definitely bipolar, he switches personalities like a chameleon changes colors. We've seen him act like a complete ruthless jerk, a sarcastic clown, an angry madman but never a smiling, friendly happy-go-lucky dude. I swear if he tries to sweet-talk us, I'm going to swing.

But damn, he's so freaking gorgeous.

I cross my arms.

"You know exactly what I mean."

"I really don't." Colton nervously smiles.

"Why are you back?" Blair speaks, her bitchiness coming to light.

"You better not be thinking of hurting Lia again." I add with much seriousness.

Colton looks taken aback with our words. For a moment, he stares at us both, regret a clear glimmer in his eyes.

"I'm here to make her forgive me." Colton's features harden with determination.

I'm baffled.

Colton has come back to ask for forgiveness? Ask for forgiveness for bullying Lia? Is he for real? Does he really think coming back after hurting her so badly, he will steal her heart? Colton is either too stupid or too conceitedly confident. Forgiveness for bullying Lia, he's going to have to get on his knees to beg for her forgiveness. Asking for forgiveness after bullying her so bad is like wanting to take a ride to Neptune. It's impossible.

"Forgive you?" Blair is equally puzzled.

"If you think she'll forgive you for the years of bullying," I scoff in amusement, "You're in for a ride, Colton."

Colton shrugs, his features softening, guilt, and regret hitting him like an ocean wave.

"I don't care how hard I have to work for her forgiveness but I will apologize and make her realize how sorry I am."

The boy has guts, coming back, having a scary level of confidence in his intentions. I'll give him that. Colton had no problem with his words and actions, he often came off as conceited. Even at this moment, him standing there, looking so gorgeous and boyish and wet-haired—I need to get laid.

My point being, Colton drips with confident cocky bastard fuckboy aura all the damn time.

"Colton, you can't just come back and expect her to open her heart to you." I speak with gentle dominance and sympathy for my best friend.