Chapter Thirty One

Lia

"Where are we going?" Blair asks from the passenger seat of Zack's black Jeep Wrangler he let Nolee borrow.

I text Hudson that we're near and look at her with a grin.

"You know that new Japanese restaurant?" I say.

She nods.

"There." Nolee smiles.

Half a truth. We're going to a Japanese restaurant but it's all been booked out just for her birthday. All thanks to Hudson Rexroth.

It's Blair's birthday today and Hudson planned a surprise party for her.

The whole day, Nolee and I struggled to keep our mouth shut about the surprise, we were so excited and couldn't wait to see her reaction but we also know that Hudson put a lot of thought and effort to make this night hers so we low-key ignored her the whole day.

We felt so bad especially when we saw the hurt in her eyes, I nearly let it out but Nolee tackled me on the couch and it made Blair give us the wtf-look. But then the night came and we shoved the dress Hudson bought for her—we didn't tell her it was from him—and made her dress up.

Blair asked a billion questions but we skillfully ignored them all and focused on getting the birthday girl ready and on the road to her birthday surprise party. 

"I wanna try soba noodles." Blair happily coos as she climbs out of the Jeep, fixing her dress after closing the door.

Blair looks stunning in her glittery moss-green dress. A hot mini halter dress that wraps around her waist and has a deep neck that shows the swells of her breasts and toned stomach. It's hot and editorial runway-worthy.

Nolee and I opted on wearing subtle colors but nevertheless pretty dresses because it is, after all, our besties birthday.

Nolee in her black floral mesh short dress that shows off her goddess figure.

And I'm in my pink satin floral midi dress.

The Japanese restaurant—Akibara—is luxurious and voguish. Modern and traditional. A perfect combination.

We were instructed by Hudson to come to the rooftop because that's where the fun is happening so we guide Blair through the restaurant and up the stairs to the rooftop. When we're behind the white door, we stop and Nolee and I share a giddy look.

Then Nolee pushes open the door and as soon as Blair steps in, a loud cheer of Happy Birthday! clouds the atmosphere.

Blair gasps then a toothy smile colors her pretty face as she wanders her eyes around all the people and then stopping on the boy who was behind this all.

Hudson steps forward, looking hot as hell with his blonde hair curling and falling over his eyes, and stares at Blair with heated eyes.

"Happy birthday, sweetcheeks." Hudson's voice is smooth like butter.

Nolee and I stare at our best friend in fascination as her cheeks color pink. Blair tries to hold back a smile but she can't help it, she looks at Hudson with joy like no other.

"Thanks, Rexroth." Blair plays it cool and it makes us girls laugh.

She's not fooling anyone with her nonchalant attitude. We can see her thawing in happiness at the boy.

Blair likes to play it cool with guys but when Hudson is in her vicinity, she's like a puppet and he's the master.

"Did you two know about this?" Blair asks Nolee and me.