Chapter Twenty Two

Lia

How did I end up riding with this fuckboy? Blair

I laugh at Blair's text.

I can already imagine her and Hudson bickering like an old married couple, arguing about the songs playing in the car and making out after every insult. They're so alike, it's hilarious.

Blair and Hudson are riding together to Applegate University.

Blair and I had planned to go support Nolee at the away football game at our rival college, we were ready to have a girly road trip with boy-band sing-a-longs and sugary snacks and boyish gossips but Hudson wriggled his way into our plan and snatched my girl away from me.

I'm not mad because Xavier asked if I wanted to ride with him. So, Xavier and I are riding together.

After that night with him, there's a part of me that has awaken in an emotion which is unfamiliar to me but a lot more...sensual. That was the first time anyone has touched me like that. That was the first time I've ever had an orgasm. I don't know what I was expecting but it was definitely better than my expectations. Those saucy scenes in romance novels, I finally experienced it.

I sound like a deprived prude.

Whatever.

But there is no denying that after that night, Xavier and I have gotten closer. Something between us has changed. We don't see each other as friends anymore. I certainly don't see him as a friend, he's so much more to me now.

Communication is important in any type of relationship, whether it be between friends or a boy and a girl. For Xavier to apologize and explain why he treated me like he did that night at Blues, is good and makes me trust him.

Besides that, the way he kissed me and touched me...I've been giddy wondering if that's going to happen again. Xavier has touched me once and I'm all crazed and addicted. The electricity that flickers between us is exhilarating, it's terrifyingly strong to the point I fear it may even ruin us.

The stares we share, the kisses we share, and the words we share—everything is explosive.

Because he's obsessed with you  Lia

And you railed him — Lia

I send Blair the message.

Blair brazenly told me how Hudson convinced her to ride with him to the football game. Let's just say, I know a little too much about Hudson and his friend, Blair doesn't leave out any details. Blair blurts out her thoughts when she's frustrated, no matter how weird or scary or spicy they are, and Nolee and I welcome them with understanding and laughs.

Blair replies with a winky-face emoji making me smile and shake my head at her honest-to-god endearing personality.

Putting my phone away, I focus on the scenery out the car window. The night sky is a perfect shade of twilight blue with stars twinkling brightly. The air is cool and soothing as it billows through my hair. Ariana Grande's Safety Net softly playing in the background as Xavier drives, one hand on the wheel with the other resting on the gear shift.

I sneak a peek at him and can't help but be enthralled by the confidence and control he has when he's driving. When I saw him race that night at The Creek, this rush of adrenaline over-whelmed me like no other—and it wasn't even me racing. As if his other-worldly looks weren't enough, God had to give him dominance in an activity that screams danger.

There's a peace in Xavier as he drives, I've noticed. It's adorable.

My question of why he races is still unanswered. I want to know why because the way he races isn't like a fun side-hustle, there's passion and fire and dominance in his performance.