Chapter Forty One

Lia

"I can't believe we're going trick or treating." Xavier sighs, fixing his black wings.

"Isn't it a little sus?" Zack tightens his hold on Nolee's hand.

"It's a lot of sus." Xavier answers back, laying his head against mine in an adorable manner. His arm is around my shoulders, tugging me into him.

"Who cares? Halloween is for everyone, not just snotty little annoying kids." Blair cheerfully says, her fairy wings glittering in the darkness of the night.

It's Halloween.

And us girls made a plan to go trick or treating. The boys (Zack and Xavier) were not as enthusiastic as us but they eventually succumbed after we (Nolee and I) offered them, our respective men, sex. 

Men are simple creatures.

Hudson isn't here tonight. And I can tell the boys are missing him as well as a certain social butterfly, but she won't admit it. Nolee and I were on board with Hudson giving her space and all but seeing our best friend slowly lose that light that makes her, her, is hard and almost made us drag Hudson to her and make him beg for her forgiveness.

But Blair needs this. They need this.

What Hudson did was bad.

"Wait." Nolee suddenly says and everyone stops.

We're walking along Mulberry Avenue where all of Lake Bellevue's fraternities are. Every Frat house and the entire neighborhood is decorated to the hilt and it's amazing.

She grabs her phone and runs to stand in front of us.

"We need a picture."

Zack chuckles. Xavier rolls his eyes but he pulls me in front of him, hugging me around the waist. Zack grabs Blair and puts his arm around her. 

Nolee takes the picture.

But she doesn't stop there.

We take at least twenty photos before Zack nearly tackles her.

"One last one, I promise." She coos, sweetly.

Blair and I are cool with her taking a million photos because that's just Nolee but the poor guys have fallen victim to her.

Blair hugs Zack's midriff. Xavier is crouched down in front of me, and my hands are in his, resting on his shoulders. She's about to take the photo when her smile falters as her eyes go behind us.

We all look and the tension slowly grows.

"Hey." Hudson awkwardly waves, his eyes looking at all of us before locking onto Blair.

Hudson's dressed in blue jeans and a white t-shirt but his fairy wings are the same as Blair's but in pink. And even though he hasn't gone all out with his costume, he still looks a part of tonight.

I look at my girl and her face is stricken with anger, sadness, and most importantly longing. She's missed him. But I know Blair, she won't let her weakness show.

"I know I'm supposed to be giving you space but," he takes a step toward Blair, "I promised you that I'll be with you on Halloween."

Blair doesn't say anything as she stares at him. For a moment we think she's going to curse him out and start beating him up but the girl wordlessly turns around and looks at Nolee.

"Come on, Rumi, take your picture." Blair playfully says.

Xavier and I exchange a look. Hudson comes to stand next to Blair and Nolee is about to take a photo when Zack says wait.