Chapter Ninety

Blair

"I'm pregnant."

The moment those words are out of my mouth, Hudson's hand, which is holding a spoon filled with cereal, freezes midway.

"What?" His blue eyes widen. 

My heart is pounding as I trod over to the kitchen counter and slam down the blue stick.

"Your shitty little dick got me pregnant."

The silverware clatters as he drops his spoon and snatches the test to scrutinize it.

"What the hell are you talking about? I thought you were on birth control?"

He doesn't sound mad, just utterly confused and shocked.

So was I this morning when I woke up throwing up and realizing I hadn't had my period for over a month now. I swear when I saw those positive lines, I almost fainted.

Me and babies don't mix. I make them cry. They run away from me. How the heck am I going to...

"I was until last month, remember? When I told you I was having heavy periods because of the pill? And I told you we shouldn't have sex without me being fully protected but no, you and your giant dick and that stupid condom had to malfunction," I'm so freaking frustrated and panicked, I don't know what to do except lash out, "And now they've got me knocked up. Congratulations."

Hudson completely bypasses what I just said and raises his brow.

"First you say I have a little dick then you say I have a giant dick, which one is it?"

I'm going to kill him.

Not in the mood for his annoying, sarcastic ass, I smack him across his chest earning a struggled laugh from me.

"Fuck! Sorry, sorry."

He better be after knocking me up. He had one job. One. And he couldn't even do that.

Ugh. Men.

Hudson gets up from his seat and walks around the counter to stand in front of me. He smells incredible. So minty and Hudson.

"You know you have a choice whether you wanna keep it or not and whatever your decision, I'll be right here." Hudson tenderly caresses my hair, his eyes and smile comforting me, chasing away my panic.

Hudson wraps his arms around me, embracing me and I close my eyes to breathe him in. I feel so...warm in his arms like nothing can hurt me.

"Will you?" I whisper against his chest.

"Huh?"

I lift my head and look up into his eyes.

"Will you be right here in nine months after I'm pushing a baby outta my vagina?"

Because I'm keeping this baby.

It might be a controversial decision considering I'm young, on the brink of my career, and haven't even graduated college yet but I want this missing part in my life. And knowing that Hudson is a part of it...I want this bad.

"First of all, that image is horrifying," Hudson grimaces making me giggle, "Second of all, you wanna keep it?"

Biting my bottom lip with nervousness, I step out of his embrace. As much as I want this, I need him to tell me if he wants it or not. He's important to me and so is his opinion. But I'll respect whatever decision he makes. If he wants to be with me or not.

My heart stutters with agony.

What if he...walks away?

"Yeah," my voice is quiet and wary, "I want you to want it too. I'll respect your decision whether you want it or not and do this by myself since you know, it's my body and I can perfectly manage being a single mother and all but...I'm in love with your stupid ass so I care about what you want."