Chapter Fourteen

Lia

"This is officially the coolest thing a girl has done for me." Sebastian smiles with so much appreciation and excitement that it has my insides fluttering with happiness.

Sebastian nudges my shoulder.

"Lia, you're the best."

I laugh.

"You love baseball and I find it fun to watch," I grab the white baseball bat, turning to eye him up, "So please teach me your ways."

Sebastian grins in amusement.

"It'd be my pleasure."

As my apology for ditching him at Hudson's party, I've surprised Sebastian with a game of baseball at batting cages. I researched and found this awesome outdoor sports arcade that hosts football, basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball—the whole nine yards. The batting cages are next to each other with metal black cages that have black netting surrounding the perimeter. The ball dispenser at the end and the brown batting area with the white line-markings at the other end. We've got white bats and an hour to basically see who's the worst batter.

A little spoiler.

It's me.

The weather is perfect and I'm feeling all jittery. Sebastian seems intrigued and I can't wait to make a fool of myself.

Sebastian grabs his bat and I head over to stand behind the netting so that I don't get hit by the speedy balls. Without a helmet on—as if he even needs it—Sebastian positions himself perfectly, bat animatedly moving. When the ball hurtles towards him at the speed of light, Sebastian smoothly hits it, a boyish grin on his full lips. I cheer on for him and he laughs.

Hit after hit, Sebastian bats like the pro he is, and as I watch him, I become immersed in the way he effortlessly handles everything about baseball. From the hold on his bat to his facial expressions, all so professional and admiring. I'm amazed and honestly, it's kind of hot seeing the guy do what he does best, play baseball—well one part of it. The way his lean, toned body moves like to the rhythm to a summery song.

"Your turn." Sebastian eyes me mischievously, I bite my lip and step into the batting area.

"I don't know what I'm doing," I chime in misery, Sebastian chuckles.

"Don't worry, I'm helping you."

I sigh in relief.

"Do I have to wear a helmet?" I pout staring at the white helmet.

Sebastian grabs it and places it on my head, strapping me in.

"Safety first, I can't let that pretty face get even a tiny scrape."

I bashfully blush from his warm words.

"Wrap both of your palms around the top," Sebastian directs me on the way to hold the bat, "But keep them apart a little."

"Like this?" I ask, guiding my palms as to his instructions.

"Yup," Sebastian grins, "Perfect."

"When you hold it behind, make sure it's dangling," Sebastian demonstrates with his bat, swinging it back, "Like you're holding it lazily."

"Got it, I'm an expert at lazy." I grin, swinging my bat over my shoulder and letting it motion animatedly.

Sebastian smiles.

"Spread your legs."

What?

"Huh?"

Sebastian reads my thoughts and snorts, amused at my flustered eyes.