Chapter Sixty Seven

Blair

Backstage is chaos but not my team of art directors, models, and makeup artists. We're relaxed and going at my pace. I'm on next and I'm doing the final adjustments to Hudson's outfit. He's getting his hair and makeup done but ever so often I sense him looking my way.

Luckily the guy who dropped out wasn't so far off from Hudson's measurements so the alterations haven't taken me long. In fact, they haven't required me to be alone with him for a fitting. Maybe I should have but I don't care.

All of my models are ready except him and he goes on sixth.

Once the student before me has finished his show schedule, I'm hollered to get ready. Before each runway show begins, the students who have designed the clothing line have to give a brief introduction about themselves and what their collection is about.

So I go do mine.

It's short, kinda chaotic but very cheerful.

And just like that, my runway begins.

One by one, my models walk out wearing the clothes I have worked tirelessly over the months to design.

Every material I have used is recycled and biodegradable. Seeking inspiration from the early 2000s, I've designed flirty crop tops, scandalous mini skirts, and sultry dresses in colors of flowy pinks, cotton blues, and silky creams. And yes, I've got the guys in the crops tops too and they're loving it.

My fifth model is nervously waiting to go one next when Hudson comes out of the dressing room wearing what I designed. It's almost like a wet dream. It should be illegal to look that fucking hot. His hair is styled back which makes his sharp jawline and cheekbones pop. His blue eyes are vibrant and I like that he's not uncomfortable wearing makeup.

"Thank you for doing this," I quietly tell him as I look over his outfit one last time, "It means a lot."

Hudson towers over me and even though I'm not staring into his eyes, I feel his searing into my soul.

"I'd do anything for you." Those words of his make my heart skip a beat.

I raise my eyes to look at him and when I see the presence of pure affection in his eyes, a cotton ball lodges itself in my throat.

Only when my fifth model comes rushing back backstage is when I break out of my Hudson trance.

"Don't fall." I anxiously say with a hint of playfulness.

Hudson turns to look at me just as he's about to walk out.

"I already have."

Oh boy.

<3 <3 <3 <3

The crowd applauds and I catch my girls beaming at me whilst Zack and Viini cheer obnoxiously yet adoringly for me. I laugh and shockingly fall shy when I have to walk out along with my models. Hudson is standing next to me, obviously loving the attention he's receiving from the girls. I roll my eyes.

Still a player.

Once we're all backstage, it's chaotic again. People are smiling, laughing, and congratulating the students who put their everything into tonight. The energy is bursting.

I'm giddily talking with one of my models when Hudson comes barreling toward me and hugs me.

Surprise and a familiar flame have my words forgotten.

"You did it!" He excitedly tells me, his voice whispering in my ear like a sweet melody.

I don't know what to do with my arms. I want to hug him back but will that make me look weak?