Chemistry

(BAOZANG)

"And like I said, this is all a big misunderstanding. I was surprised and felt uncomfortable when it all happened so in my misguided thoughts, I slapped him." I looked at Khan Se Ong who remained steadfast and calm all throughout this interview with the press. "I sincerely apologize for what happened, SPG Khan." I made sure I have my "princess" expression on as I apologize to Khan Se Ong.

I have apologized. I did it to appease the public demanding for some blood from a princess they revered and pigeonhole in a box at the same time.

I have done it several times before...but for some reason, this one feels different. Every fiber of my being is protesting on doing this. I don't want to apologize. I don't feel like I have to. But the thought of people going after my King and Queen, that feels more wrong. People thinking that my parents raised a mannerless, bodyguard slapping and remorseless bitch is worse than me feeling like thousands of ants are crawling all over my body as I utter the word "sorry" to Khan Se Ong.

"If you have questions for SPG Khan, we are ready to receive them." Our emcee for this event nodded to us. Khan Se Ong picked a mic for the first time in this event and waited for his questions.

Almost every hands from reporters there flew to the air. Khan Se Ong frowned. We all watched as he tapped the mic and put it close to his lips, "Is this thing on?" He asked, looking confuse and close to overwhelm. "Before taking a question, I just want to say that they promised me that I will answer only two of them." He showed us two fingers. "So I hope all those hands that are raised, you all have the same two questions and not a dozen different ones."

The reporters and PR press people gave him dumbfounded looks. Khan Se Ong smiled like he is proud of what he did. I...do feel stunned at what he did. He's in a press conference, where does he think he is? Yes, there were guidelines laid out to us before facing the press, but these kind of thing is usually unpredictable. He couldn't be this unflexible in a press conference.

Only two questions...what?

The emcee winced uncomfortably. "We will take as much question as we can," he said to the mic in the podium at the side of the raised dais before waving a finger to see whose reporter will be lucky enough to ask those questions to Khan Se Ong.

"No," we all stopped again when Khan Se Ong spoke again. Eyes turned to him. He is frowning back to us. "Only two questions. That was what promised to me..."

"Sir," the emcee now looked terribly uncomfortable as he put a hand at the head of the mic to cover it. "Lets just see how this one played out..." he said cajolingly to Khan Se Ong.

"Only two questions," Khan Se Ong shook his head before glaring at the emcee. "Ever since I entered this place, people have been lying to me about the amount of questions they throw at me." He said quite clearly, with the mic still close to his mouth.

Oh. My. God.

He couldn't be this artless. He...is stupidly candid like this? What?

I see the PR team looking panicked. And I don't blame them. Khan Se Ong is the kind of person the PR people refer to as a "ticking time bomb", you know...a person that could suddenly blurt out something that could ruin all of us.

They put a "ticking time bomb" in this press conference with me. Peachy.

Wow.

"What do you mean people in the Palace has been lying to you?" A reporter from the back shouted that question.

Khan Se Ong and I turned to the questionaire. "Is that an official question? That's one." Khan Se Ong said.

"NO!" That word erupted around the room. I put a hand on my mouth to hide my smile. This all suddenly turned comical and dangerous at the same time.