Approval

(DAYU)

My parents had a meal with the Royal Family. Everything went normally. My mother and the Queen were ecstatic to chat and have everyone in one table.

I get to send off my parents in the afternoon. I hugged my mother and father. My father was well aware that I feel out of sort after that conversation with the King.

"Thats normal for the Royal Family. They could indulge you but not to the fullest. Like I said, be careful while dealing with the King. He likes you but his interest are always about his family and lineage. Qing will be the same. He loves you but he won't always give you what you want." My father said.

"I understand,"

"If you are tired, come to us. We will harbor you." Baba patted my shoulder. I watched as he escorted my mother to the waiting car. I stayed on until the car has left the driveway.

I went back to the pavilion after my parents went home. In there, I once again faced the three gods of apocalypse. I'm kidding. Its just Qing, Lao and Chong.

Chong smirked at me. "Congratulations on getting your way, Your Highness."

I turned to Qing. "He's mocking me. Thats a crime, right? He could be jailed for that, right?"

"Jailing him has to wait. You see Chong..."

"Wait!" I stopped my husband from saying more. "Let me go first. I think what you are about to say won't be an advantage to me."

Lao sighed. "It only won't be an advantage if you don't want Chong to accompany you in meeting Jiu Chen."

"Darn it! I know I should have gone first!" I am frustrated again. "Qing, I'm thinking of taking Se Ong with me..."

"Absolutely not. Chong will accompany you." My husband said with finality.

I threw a glance at Chong who grinned at me, looking utterly pleased with himself. I winced at Qing. "Can't you reconsider?" This is hurting my pride. That grin is grating on my last nerves.

Qing smiled. "Yes. That is if you want me to accompany you."

My jaw almost fell to the floor. "You mean, my choices were either you or Chong? What kind of choices were those?!" I turned that last question to Lao.

I read sympathy on Lao's eyes. "They were called reasonable choices, my Consort."

That answer stunned me. "Lao, did they change the meaning of the word "reasonable" without warning me? Why did you use that word together with Qing and Chong in that concept?"

"Stop the drama. I'm merciful. You can choose. Me or your husband." Chong continued grinning at me.

Lao cleared his throat. "Before you make a choice, I hope you'll consider the optic of your husband meeting your ex whose in prison."

"Fucking hell," I grumbled. The three of them nodded in agreement to whatever I feel that I cannot name. I walked to my husband. "Qing, I'm not happy about this."

"No one in this room is happy about this, my Love." Qing's arms went around me. "Believe me, I'm the least happy person about all of these."

"I'm sorry. I have put you on a tight spot again," I think I have been putting Qing in this situation over and over again. That spot where he needs to defend me.

His hug on me tightened. "Its alright. Its done. We even convinced the King to the soundness of this plan. I just hope you'll get to convince Jiu Chen to properly meet his mother. And for this to never happen again."

"Okay."

I leaned out and felt a whole lot better when I saw Qing smiling at me. He leaned his head down to kiss my forehead. I preened under his love. "Stay here and talk specifics with Chong. Lao and I have things to ready ourselves. We also have a video conference to attend to tonight so I might not be able to join you for dinner. Eat with BaoZang and Khan Se Ong."