Host

(KHAN SE ONG)

I watched as the Consort dismissed one of the many senior aides of the King. "Make sure the office of the King received this folder. My progress reports are well filed there." His Highness said before nodding serenely to the senior aide.

Fuck he is scary.

The senior aide left and I remained quiet. The Consort nodded as he walked towards the kitchen of the Prince's Pavilion. "Good, don't say anything."

"I won't," I said while following him. "If the King and the Crown Prince are too stupid to pay attention to how some of their people talk...its their mistake."

The Consort turned his head a bit to look at me. "Don't also breathe a word of this to Chong. Your uncle is in on this," he said.

"I work for you. I am loyal to you," I said.

The Consort finally smiled at me. "I know. Besides, you will gain nothing by tattling. Wait, thats wrong. You'll gain my ire if you do. You will gain an enemy in me if you breathe a word about how I get information around this place,"

I clamped my lips. I think we both know nothing good will ever happen if I get Consort Dayu as an enemy in this place. One day soon, he will reign in every corner of this palace. Everyone will answer to him. Everyone will bow to him and the status he has.

The Consort gains information by underhandedly talking to different aides in this palace. He then put the little informations he got from those unknowing aides together like little pieces of a puzzle until he completed the big picture.

The Consort figured out where the Crown Prince will be spending his time away from the palace for four days. Three days ago, the Crown Prince's office put out a notice that the Heir to the Throne will be leaving the palace, and even the capital, for a four day business trip. The Consort asked where this business event will be. The Crown Prince gave him a place.

The place turned out to be a lie.

The Consort, who has his suspicions for weeks now that his royal husband is doing something behind his back, started talking to different staffs in this palace. Sweet talking his way to getting informations from clueless aides and personnels in every corners of the Palace. But he targeted one office in particular

"Everything goes to the King's knowledge. I know that for sure. If anyone thinks the Crown Prince is doing something without some semblance of knowledge and approval of the King, that anyone is wrong." The Consort said with a calm look on his face while staring at the kitchen counter. I don't know what he is planning to do in this kitchen but Uncle Chong has already warned me that whatever happens, I should make sure never to let the Consort near the microwave oven.

Or attempt to cook anything in the stove.

Apparently, the Consort has an appaling record when it comes to cooking...or using microwaves. But I didn't ask too many questions. The less I know, the less I will think the Consort is truly a unique person.

Unique, such a funny word. Another way to describe someone so insanely strange that they made a literal prince fall in love with them.

But what do I know about unique people?

"By the way, the scheduled date BaoZang has with that..." the Consort frowned. "Who is her supposed date again?"

"A young aspiring prosecutor," I said.

"Oh right...that one. Lao recommended him. Hmm, that date was pushed back. You don't need to do a guard duty for the princess this week. She has other plans." The Consort said.