Love It Right

(DAYU)

"Lao is not calling us. Should we call the whole army now?" I asked my husband who stood on the other side the counter of our kitchen while figuring out the coffeemaker. I am sitting on one of the stools we use when we eat by the counter.

Qing, my Prince, decided that he wants coffee so he will make some. The problem is, Lao usually prepare Qing's coffee. Qing is so spoiled that he doesn't even know how to properly use a coffeemaker. Oh, he knows how to put water in it and plug the thing up, but the rest of it...he is just clueless.

And since I know how to use the coffeemaker because I actually spend time in the kitchen with Lao, I helped him. Qing is now waiting for his coffee to finish brewing.

"Qing, are you listening to me?" I called his name in case he is not aware that I am talking to him. "I think we should check to see if Lao and Chong are okay."

"Leave them alone," Qing said. He turned around to nail me with a narrowed eyes stare. "Stop provoking your bodyguard's temper. Chong is not happy tonight. And neither am I," my husband said.

I nodded. "I know. And I already apologized and I will do so again if you need me too. But like you said, Chong is mad. That is making me worried."

"Chong won't hurt Lao." Qing said.

"How sure are you about that?" I sighed. Qing gave me a telling look. I want to roll my eyes on him but I settled at nodding. "Oh I also believe Chong won't deliberately hurt Lao. I know that much. But his bad temper might get the better of him..."

Qing chuckled. "The gall of you to say that. Your temper is still more terrible than Chong's..."

I winced. "True. My temper is...terrible." I looked at the blank screen of my phone again. I am waiting for a call or a message from my bodyguard or my friend. Why won't they give me a clue that they are both still alive?

"What's going on in your head?" Qing asked while standing directly opposite from me.

"I'm happy," I said. I smiled at Qing while he blinked at me in confusion. "You are happy? For what?"

"For whom," I corrected him. "I am happy for Lao and Chong. But mostly for Lao. But also for Chong. I am just happy for the both of them."

Qing chuckled when he finally understood what I am saying. "That could still end in murder, you know. Lao is a crack shot."

I shrugged, "Chong will be fine. Its not like that'll be the first time someone will train a gun on him and shoot."  I sighed. "I just...I saw them both struggle these past few weeks. Chong was distracted..."

Qing nodded. "Lao too. I didn't realize that their problem involved Chong's ex though..."

"He is hardly an ex," I rolled my eyes. "Chong told me that they were friends in the past and nothing came off with his feelings for the guy."

"So Chong was really in love with that flight attendant?" Qing asked while pouring the coffee from the pot to a mug. My husband stared at the brew critically before deciding that it'll do. He is so cute that way.

"I think so. But he told me that nothing happened between them and I believe him," I trust Chong so yeah, I believe his side of the story. He was involved in an unrequited love before but his whole attention is on Lao now.

"I believe him too," Qing said, sipping his coffee. My husband made a wincing face before he sighed. "Lao is better at making coffee than me." He said, a bit forlornly.

He needs to ask Lao to teach him how to make coffee. "I believe Chong but I am still worried," I confessed to Qing.

"I understand," Qing nodded. "If you know Lao, you'll know that this thing he has with Chong now is something he doesn't usually do. I have seen Lao in relationships, but not like this. He doesn't act as impulsive before as he did tonight, meeting Chong's past behind Chong's back."