Waiting Time

(DAYU)

Meeting world leaders and delegates used to be a nerve wracking moment for me but its a testament of how I have been adjusting well to my role that I am a lot calmer now as I shake hands and greet presidents and prime ministers of developed and well known countries.

Not to mention hosting and entertaining partners and spouses of these leaders are becoming more fun for me. I can now follow their conversations, being well informed about the latest talks on current events and different social issues, and could also now hold my own as I talk to them.

"Even though you seemed shy when I first met you, I know you'll blossom into a good host, Your Highness." The wife of the Prime Minister of Japan gave me a fond smile.

"Oh, thank you Ma'am. I learned much from watching all of you. I thought, no one could teach me better about socializing than these people who has done it successfully before me. If I could be one of you, I know I have done a good job of learning."

"It could be a lot but if you get your rhythym, you'll know that it could be learned." Says the wife of the President of France. "Just be genuine and listen well. Never let your focus go. And know that we are all doing our best to represent our countries and people."

"True," I agreed with her point and continued talking about trading cultural informations about our countries.

Last night, we had a welcome dinner for all our guests, hosted by the President of the country and the King himself. Today, a meeting was held with all the attending leaders. The King and Qing listened to the speeches made there.

This event is all about the ceremonial signing of treaties and agreements between different countries. The opening of roads to trade among the participants. Its was the highlight of this summit. The following days will be all about socializing and showing off in front of the press and media.

Qing and I are here to lend support to the King and Queen. Their signs will be needed in this event as well. Qing is on the other side of the ballroom, talking to some head of departments and major players in transportation and agriculture developments around the world. Those are the areas where Qing's interest lies. Infrastructure and agriculture.

Amidst the chatters and discussions, the signing of treaties and agreements started. Qing and I stood together on the sideline as world leaders, together with our own president and the King himself, sat down to sign those papers and smile to the cameras before giving small speeches.

While the leaders of the United States, UK and Australia are signing a deal to open trades on steel, Uncle Shouwei came to us to show us a text he received.

My breath hitched upon reading the text on his phone. I was late to react to the words in there. It took Qing grabbing my hand and pulling me to hurry for me to wake up.

"Tell the King that we are on our way," Qing said as he pulled me towards the doors of the ballroom. "Come on, Love."

"Yes. Yes." I don't think my brain has fully processed whats going on.

We suppressed the impulse to run until we completely exited the ballroom. Then we sprinted through the hallways and the lobby of the hotel, Lao behind us.

"She just entered the delivery room. No need to be reckless. We could take our time," he said while running behind us.

"Okay," Qing said even though we kept on sprinting. Passing other people in the hotel. Getting attention.

We got into the car. Lao told the chauffer to drive steady and safely. Qing and I tightly held hands at the backseat. My mind is reeling.

Our surrogate just went into labor. She's almost a month too early to give birth. We don't know whats going on...but if things progresses well...before the dawn breaks tomorrow, Qing and I will have a child in our arms.