Family Meeting

(DAYU)

After our important but relaxing stint in QingDao, Qing and I went full throttle back to work. We had a busy few days until the weekend arrives where we had a joined schedule of visiting the latest project of the King and Queen.

"A museum dedicated to your family. How do you feel about this project by the King and Queen, Crown Prince?" A reporter asked while Qing and I stood side by side at the opened entrance of the museum being completed in honor of Qing's family. The press, as always, follows us and several cameras are pointed directly at me and my husband. Its a daunting feeling, having cameras around, but I think I am getting the hang of it now. At least I am no longer feeling too nervous in front of the press.

"I think my parents has always been avid advocates of arts and history. And I think we all know that people are curious about our family, so they cleverly provided both for the masses. A place for art and history and a source of information about our family. I am proud of my parents for this project," Qing smiled after answering the question.

"The King and Queen visited this place a week ago, why didn't the two of you join them? Is it reported that you two spent some private time together, may we inquire as to what prompted you both to take a vacation?" A reporter holding an ipad and a electronic pen asked.

I gently waved a hand to call attention to myself. "I have been feeling like we have been grinding hard these past couple of months so I told my husband that I would appreciate it if we can spend a little time alone together. We are, after all, still newlyweds and it was wonderful to reconnect after what feels like months of only seeing each other during dinnertime."

This is the script we agreed we will present to the public. That Qing and I decided to have a private time alone because we have been working hard and barely seeing each other except at night.

Qing tenderly held my hand in his. "Dayu and I are well aware that we have duties to fulfill but we also made a promise to take care of each other. I think it will be remiss of me as a husband if I won't reassure Dayu that even though we have been busy, I always cherish the moments I have with him and will always desire his company."

"In short, its for our wellbeing. Thank you for understanding," I smiled at everyone.

Several reporters wrote on their pads and gadgets to scribble that little information that came from me.

"May we go back to the museum, what can we expect to see there?" Another reporter asked with interest.

"Mostly pictures of my ancestors and family," Qing chuckled to add a score of humor on his statement. "We are lucky to have found so many preserved images of our ancestors when Wang Estate was given back to my great great grandfather back in 1950's. And when my Great GranPa, King Jin, accepted the honor of serving the country as its first King in modern ages, our family has contemplated on reintroducing our history and legacy to the world. King Dao, my grandfather, dedicated his life to showing everyone that the Wangs could serve this country in great ways and my father, the current King, is now dedicating his life to preserving our history." Qing stood proudly in front of the cameras. "I came from a long line of dedicated and hardworking men and even greater women. Our family has a proven record of serving these lands. From General Wang Ruan of Qin dynasty to now King Lei, we are here to serve the country and its people." Qing and I bowed to show respect after his speech.

There was a short applause from our little audience. Qing and I continued holding hands as we straightened again.

"Why did you mention General Wang Ruan, Your Highness? It is written in history that he has almost betrayed our country while serving under the traitorous General Zong who almost plunged our country to endless wars for gold and land?" A reporter gave Qing a curious look.