Good People

(QING)

Dayu called Lao and I for help. My husband's former bodyguard came as well because...

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," Chong found a comfortable way to sit on a chair and smiled with amusement on his nephew. "Imagine the princess and I having something in common,"

Khan Se Ong frowned at his uncle. "This is way different from what you did. There was no one in the room with us..."

"My aides and I arrived and we heard them talking inside. I told my aides to leave and I stood outside the door for five minutes, hoping they'll end their conversation but...it was a wishful thinking on my part," Dayu sighed. He looked like someone who went through a challenge.

"So...you called me to present a restraining order..." I read the request my husband handed to me. "For BaoZang to stay away from your bodyguard...? I see..." I turned my eyes on my sister who avoided my gaze. I looked at Lao. "Thoughts?" I asked my Chief Aide.

Lao shrugged. "They deserve it. It was a good call from the Consort..."

"Lao ge!" BaoZang gave us betrayed looks. "It was one time and we just kissed."

"Really?" Dayu stared at the two fidgeting lovers. "Fine, so I let him feel me up a little. So what?" BaoZang gave us defiant looks.

"Jesus," Lao massaged the corners of his eyes while Chong chortled in merriment. Lao sighed. "She asked so what? So what if Khan Se Ong would get fired. So what?"

"What?" BaoZang was surprised at that. "You'll fire him for that? Thats unfair..."

"Thats misbehavior. Indiscretion. During work hours. I..." my words failed me. I don't know what else to say to convey to my sister how inappropriate that moment she shared with Khan Se Ong was. "Well, its not like the King and Queen will tolerate sending you away. So of course, the verdict will fall on the poor employee." I eyed Khan Se Ong. "You know that, right?"

My husband's bodyguard fidgeted some more. "I'm ready for a disciplinary punishment..."

"They'll fire you. What disciplinary punishment are you yapping about...?" Dayu growled. "Look, I'm not gonna lose my bodyguard. Se Ong has to stay. I love BaoZang but if I will lose Se Ong because of this, I'd rather petition a restraining order to keep her away."

"And thats what you just did," Chong grinned.

"If I lose Se Ong, who'll be my bodyguard? Will you go back to guarding me?" Dayu gave Chong a challenging look.

"I can't. I'm busy with my current work." Chong shook his head.

"Exactly." Dayu waved a hand. He leaned his back on his chair. "Truly, we are not newbies here. We know how these things work. Here in the Palace, the blame will land on Se Ong. He'll get fired. The end. If the public knew, BaoZang will bear the brunt of their malicious minds. She's a princess, he's a mere bodyguard. The power dynamic is as wide as the Antartic Ocean. Her haters will have a field day at this. I say...lets add more features to secure them because I will not lose a bodyguard for this."

Khan Se Ong winced. "I want to feel exalted thinking you don't want to lose me..."

"Its because I trust you now. Please don't force me to get a new bodyguard and set aside more time to learn how to trust them too. That'll be too much for me, really. I can't. I have other pressing things to think about. I need to..." Dayu took a deep breath. "I need the world to be steady until my child comes. Is that too much to ask?"

We all turned quiet at his tirade. Lao secretly nudged me to do something. I stepped around the table to stand by my husband. "Calm down, Love."

"I'm sorry. I just..." Dayu smiled up at me. "I'm excited and at the same time...being cautious."