At Least To Me

(BAOZANG)

Thinking that only happier times will be upon my brother and brother in law since they will soon have a child, I chose to focus on myself and my life.

At the moment, I'm about to go on an official first date with Khan Se Ong.

"Its happening! Its really happening!" I paced back and forth while trying to breath inside the green velvet long sleeve turtle necked top I am wearing paired with white straight cut trousers and white Louboutin heels.

Mai and Xi sighed while following me with their eyes. I frowned at them. "Its a big deal." I said in my defense.

Mai nodded. "We know. But Your Highness, there is nothing to be nervous about because Khan Se Ong is a good person."

I smiled. "He is, right?"

"He respects you a lot." Xi said.

"He kissed me in the pavilion's dining room."

"You allowed that kiss," Mai deadpanned.

"True. And he asked permission first before kissing me," I said.

Mai and Xi smiled at me. "Then I think he'll treat you right on this date, Your Highness." Xi said with confidence.

Maybe because they are all fellow bodyguards, thats why Mai and Xi like Se Ong. So maybe Khan Se Ong will not the problem.

"Okay, so he's a good guy. But what if I mess this up?" I asked them.

"How?" They seemed baffled.

"I don't know. I can make things really difficult. Dating a princess is no walk in the park."

"I think Khan Se Ong knows that," Mai said sympathetically. "And so what if you make a mess of things," Xi grinned. "Things could happen on first dates that could be messy."

"True," I gave them grateful looks. With LiYi gone, my two guards stepped up to keep me from feeling lonely. "Wish me luck," I told them as I wear dark green coat to match my top and a silver clutch bag to complete my look.

"Every luck to you, Your Highness." Mai and Xi waved at me.

They won't come out with me tonight because well...I'm actually going on a date with a bodyguard. Khan Se Ong is capable enough to look after me, although I know Chong gege will station more people to follow me from a good distance.

Not everyone on the Palace is aware that this will be a date. They all think I will be having a night stroll outside since...I've been feeling a bit down. The last one was true, I feel a little down since that event with the So siblings. I hope tonight will cheer me up.

"Are you alright?" I smiled when Se Ong asked that question as we sat on our designated seats in the car. Him on the driver seat. Me on the passenger seat. The car is heavily tinted and unmarked that no one will be able to tell its the princess sitting on the passenger seat.

"No," I shook my head. "You haven't told me how pretty I am yet." I grinned to show that I'm just teasing him.

"You look pretty," he said easily.

"And you look good too." Khan Se Ong looked pleasing to the eyes in plain shirt and pinstripped dinner jacket. The outfit is so him. Unpretentious.

"You are nervous," he said while keeping his eyes ahead as the car exit the palace gate.

"True," I didn't deny. "This is by no means a first date for me since the horrible break up with that psychopath but this one...I care for it to be a success."