Day Off

(KHAN SE ONG)

"Are you nervous? You have been twiddling your thumb for quite awhile now. Don't worry, I have money. I won't limit what you could buy," I said to my sister who sat on the passenger seat of the jeep I am driving.

CaCa stopped nibbling her thumb to give me a critical. "You stupid boy. You have no idea." She grumbled gruffly.

"What? Tell me so I'll have an idea," I said.

CaCa's expression turned thoughtful. Her eyes shifted around too. She is overthinking again. What does it says about us that we both overthink? And even though we are twins, there is still no way for me to read whats on my sister's mind.

CaCa sighed. "Nevermind, it won't happen anyways." She smiled at me. "So, where will you take me to shop?" She asked, sounding excited now.

I smiled back at her. "You'll see. You'll love it."

CaCa laughed. "Should I believe that?"

"Trust me," I winked at her. She laughed again. "O...kay. I will trust you. Besides, you'll treat me so I'll be nice to you today."

"Okay," I nodded.

Twenty minutes later, I avoided the glares my sister darted my way as we stood in front of a clothing shop. Its a trendy shop being patronized by lots of young women nowadays. Partly because the clothes they sell are stylish and trendy. Part because of the owner of the store and brand.

CaCa pivoted to turn away from the shop. "You bastard..." she growled at me as she took a step away.

"Sis!" I grabbed my sister's arm. "Don't. Please. You'll find something to like there."

"I know. I have shirts and stuffs from this shop. I bought them because I like them." CaCa said with a scowl at me. "But for you to take me here..."

"You can max out my card." I told her pleadingly.

That didn't alleviated my sister's annoyance. "I was wrong. You are chasing after her." She pulled her arm from my hold to cross her arms over her chest. She scoffed. "I couldn't believe I will see the day my brother will turn into our uncle."

I winced. "Not just Uncle. Baba too. You know he is insane for Mama." I reminded my sister. "We are cursed. The men in our family are like this when they like someone."

"When they fall in love!" CaCa hissed at me as she took a step close to me. She peered intently at my face. "Are you...in love with her?"

I looked away from her eyes. "I..I'm not sure how to answer that."

"Thats a yes or no question." CaCa continued to growl.

"Maybe?" I smiled uneasily at her before sighing. "Please bear with me on this."

CaCa sighed. "SeSe...what are you doing?" She turned on her big sister mode. CaCa is several minutes older than me. She might be the crazier twin but her thoughts are more organized thats why she's also the smarter one in so many ways.

She's also ultra protective. In our family, its not our parents or our uncles who are protective of CaCa and I. Its us. CaCa and I...we are overprotective of each other.

I stared back at my sister. "Please bear with me, CaiLin."

My twin sighed. I smiled at her. She scowled at me again. I turned my smile bigger. She rolled her eyes before turning forward the shop again. "If you get hurt...I swear to all the gods, SeSe..."

Relief flooded in my chest. Thats when I realized that I have been so scared that CaCa will abandon me. It will be a devastating blow if my twin sister will oppose my decision to do this. Her support means so much for me.