Considerate

(QING)

"I know I said that you can take your time about this but I didn't say you can take an eternity."

I frowned at those words while pushing the main doors of the Prince's Pavilion open and stepped inside the residence where I live with my husband. Those words I heard were from Dayu who stood in the middle of the receiving area with an annoyed look on his face while squaring off with his bodyguard.

"Whats taking an eternity, my Love?" I asked Dayu as I joined his side and kissed his cheek.

Dayu's annoyed expression smoothened. His frown was replaced by a smile clearly meant for me. "Oh, nothing. Se Ong is just being slow on something and I think he is doing it deliberately to piss me off." Dayu said while waving a hand to gesture at his stoic bodyguard.

"Yes," Khan Se Ong nodded with a look of boredom on his face. "Pissing you off about this matter has always been my top priority in life."

Dayu's annoyance reappeared. "I can still recognize sarcasm, you know. Fine! You don't think my feelings and opinions about this issue matters...then I'll stop helping you!" He snickered at his bodyguard.

Khan Se Ong's eyes widened in mockery. "Oh, have you been helping me, Your Highness? I'm sorry I was unaware of your intention. To my point of view, it just feel like you are no help at all."

Dayu gasped, looking deeply insulted. "I have been nothing but helpful to you on this matter, Khan Se Ong!"

"You are helping your own agenda, Your Highness. Don't make it seems like this is all for me. You have a stake on this too." Khan Se Ong sighed. "You really want to help me? How about leaving me alone? How about leaving us alone?! I can figure this one out myself."

"Fine! I am done! I will not interfere anymore!" Dayu is glaring at his bodyguard now.

"Wonderful! Thats just what I want. Thank you." Khan Se Ong scoffed before walking away from us. The conversation ended with me not knowing or understanding what the hell it was all about.

Dayu turned to me with a bright smile on his lips. "Finally, that was over and done. Hey you, hows your day?"

"My day?" I feel confused at the sudden change of vibes from him. He was just annoyed and now he is beaming at me. "It went great. And now that I see you, it just got better. But whats that all about?" I asked while pointing at the direction where Khan Se Ong went.

"Oh, that was nothing." Dayu shrugged before wrapping his arms around my waist and plastering himself against my body in a hug. "I'm finally free of worrying about Se Ong and his business. You heard him, right? He asked me to leave him alone. Well, I will do just that. In fact, thats what I really want to do all along."

"You mean to tell me, you deliberately annoyed your bodyguard so he'll order you to leave him alone?" Is that what happened?

"Yes!" My husband beamed at me. He stood on tiptoe to plant a sweet but chaste kiss on my lips. "Nobody gets me like you do. Thats why I married you. Best decision I ever made."

"Yeah...great." I smiled, happy to see that Dayu thinks I fully understand him except thats not the reality at all. I couldn't understand half of what happened between him and Khan Se Ong but maybe for a marriage to work, it doesn't mean I have to get everything about it. Just getting the gist of the matter is good enough.

"He was kinda rude to you, though." I told Dayu while we are walking together to the kitchen to get something to drink before dinner time.

"Who? Khan Se Ong? Let him be. With the way things are going for him, he has every rights to be grumpy. I don't mind. As long as he will give me the results that I want, he can go Godzilla on everyone for all I care." My husband acts quite nonchalant about it. Acting a little Machiavellian about the matter.