Interview

(DAYU)

The boy chuckled. That piqued my interest. The guy Chong took here in the Palace to replace him chuckled when I said I don't like him and he should be thrown on a moat filled with alligators. Chong, for his part, groaned in exasperation before signaling to my junior aides to clear the room. My aides followed him. I always tell people working for me to trust and follow Chong's orders. Chong's orders are mine and his words are my words.

That's how much I trust Chong to protect me.

When the room was cleared aside from me, Chong and his supposed replacement, Chong scowled at me before rolling his eyes. "Don't be ridiculous, we don't have moat with alligators here."

"Why don't we have it? We should have one." I said. "This is a Palace, right? We should have torture chamber and a moat with flesh eating alligators here. Hmmm," I added contemplatively.

Chong smirked at me. "If you are up for bringing back medieval items here in the Palace, why not bring back concubines as well?"

My thinking halted and I growled at him. Chong's smile widened. He scored a point there so yes, he should feel proud of himself.

I won't win that one so I turned my gaze to the guy Chong dragged here to replace him as my personal bodyguard. He told us the other night during dinner that this one is his nephew. So that means, this is Khan's son. Khan, the smuggler kingpin and friend to my father and the King.

Hmmm, interesting.

I stared at Chong's nephew. "What is your name?" I asked.

"Khan Se Ong," Chong's nephew said while scratching his ear lobe.

"Your Highness," Chong slapped Se Ong's shoulder. "Address his Highness properly." He added.

"What?" Se Ong looked confuse.

Chong sighed. "I know, it could be tiring. But here in the Palace, when answering a question asked by a royal, you should add their honorary name. Your Majesty or Your Grace to the King and Queen. Your Highness to the Crown Prince, his Consort and the Princess. So when answering the Consort's question, add "Your Highness" after your answer. Khan Se Ong, Your Highness. Repeat it."

The nephew blinked at Chong after that long ass explanation from my bodyguard about how to properly address a royal. And I don't blame Se Ong from blinking. I would blink too, if I am in his shoes. Probably will fall asleep as well.

Se Ong turned to me. "Khan Se Ong...Your Highness..." he said.

That made me smile. "Ah, am I really meeting someone who listens to Chong? Really?" I grinned at Chong. "Wow Chong, he listens to you! That's amazing."

Chong sighed. "Yeah. What a miracle. In this place no one listens to me. Not you, your husband or even your husband's Chief Aide. You all just give me a hard time."

Chong and I smiled at each other. Se Ong frowned at his uncle. "Your Highness. You didn't call him Your Highness after answering his question. Uncle..."

That made me laugh. Chong moaned in exasperation again. He turned to his nephew. "The Consort and I have a close relationship so in a private setting, like this one, we tend to relax on the rules."

"But I can't do that?" Se Ong asked.

"No, because you are not close to the Consort." Chong replied with a scowl.

Se Ong turned to me. "If you don't mind me asking, Your Highness, how close are you to my uncle?"

I smiled at him. "He once proposed to pay all my debts to get me to fuck him." I said.