Progress

(DAYU)

The approval given to me to visit Jiu Chen was discussed by critics and commentators on TV, and online citizens. There were negative and positive comments...but it is what it is.

As one quote I read said, you could be a peach, all plump and juicy and delicious, but not everyone likes peaches. Some are even allergic to it.

So yes, no matter what I decide to do, I know I can easily find people who will agree and disagree with my decisions. Better to just keep my promise and honor my words by speaking to Jiu Chen regarding his mother.

"You lost weight. Are you alright?" Those were the words I first uttered after Jiu Chen sat on the other side of a bullet proof glass thats serves as a partition between us. I know, overkill. A bullet proof glass is an overkill especially as I am speaking to a handcuffed man.

"I'm fine. I have a place to sleep, they gave us food three times a day and even let us get some sun. The only downside is I have to share a room with five other people." Chen tried to smile before he frowned with concern. "Why are you here? You shouldn't be here. You are married to an important man now..."

"Yes. Thats true," I nodded. "Thats why I can do this, meet you I mean. If I am an ordinary person, do you think they would let me visit bag man who worked for a notorious drug dealer inside a high security prison? No, of course not."

Jiu Chen sighed. "True. I happen to talk to my coworkers detain here as well. None of us are allowed to receive visitors."

"Because you all work for a dangerous drug lord." I groaned. "Really Chen, a drug lord? Of all the scumbags in the world, you chose to work for a drug lord. Are you partaking on the product as well?"

Yeah, thats a fancy way of asking him if he is a user too.

Jiu Chen clamped his lips shut and look down his hands. It broke my heart. "You good for nothing dumbass," I grumbled. I rubbed my palms on my face. "What am I gonna do with you?"

Chen looked up the ceiling. "Uhm, there's one thing I want to ask as a favor. Visit a bank and access an account from there. The money I saved there, are payments for the loan we took and also for my mother..."

"Damn you, Chen." I want to punch his face. "Fine, since you spoke about your mother first then listen to this. She wants to see you."

"Impossible," Chen shook his head. "It will break her heart if she sees me like this."

"What? She'll be more brokenhearted than all those times you failed to call her for months?" I gritted my teeth. "Don't make me laugh. You already broke her heart several times even before landing your ass in jail. The question is, for how long will you go on breaking her heart, Chen?" He frustrates me, really. "Can't you come back to your senses, huh?"

Chen clamped his lips again. I sighed. Sometimes I too wonder how a talkative guy like me became friends with this quiet one. Maybe because we are both idiots and dumbasses.

"I cannot do anymore favor for you. I have to think of my husband as well. I love him, I respect him. I already put him in the tight spot for wanting to see you. So let me just say what I have to say, meet Auntie. See her, talk to her, give her the money you want to give her. Fuck! Apologize to her, you jerk!"

Chen groaned. "I...I can't. Dayu..." he gave me a pleading look. He look tortured now.

I snickered. "Does it sound like I am asking for your opinion? No. You will do this if you want to pay for your sins to me. Do you know what happened to me after you run away once you got the money? Alright, so I ended up marrying a prince, but not before I was hounded by this guy here and his crew of mean hulks," I pointed at the large man standing behind me like a statue.