Together

(QING)

"Uncle doesn't have any prevailing concern about my relationship with Chong. He thinks, and this is the words he used, we both know what we are doing while being together," a pleased smile has never left Lao's face while detailing to me the dinner he had with Mr.Shouwei and Chong.

Mr.Shouwei, Lao's Uncle and the Royal Manager, has finally formally met Chong as Lao's boyfriend. The three of them had dinner together the same night Dayu, BaoZang and I met Dylan Wei to help BaoZang with her situation. That dinner with Mr.Shouwei is the main reason why Lao and Chong couldn't come with us to that meeting with the premier host.

"Next week we will dine with Chong's brother and sister in law," Lao said before nodding at the nurses who helped us get me settled in this private room.

I waited until we are alone in the room before speaking. "You will be dining with Khan, a smuggler."

"Its their family business, what can we do?" Lao shrugged like it doesn't matter to him that Chong's half brother is a mafia boss and a smuggler to boot. "And he is a friend to the King."

"I am sure their friendship is genuine," I said. "But thats mainly because they grew up together."

My father, the King, has three close friends who grew up with him. Mr.Shouwei, our Royal manager and Lao's uncle. Mr.Feng, Dayu's father and my father in law. And lastly Khan, Chong's half brother and Dayu's bodyguard's father.

Its mind boggling how our lives are all intertwined by the friendship those four men has.

"I am sure they have a complicated relationship, the four of them. I mean, you, Dayu and I grew up together...there's only three of us yet we managed to complicate everything when we were young and then do it all over again when you decided to have a sham engagement with your Consort." Lao pointed out.

"Yes. All those things happened," I chuckled.

Lao sighed. He stared at me for a moment. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked, concern entering his eyes.

"I am comfortable. This robe feels quite great," I ran a palm at the satiny fabric of the deep green robe I donned to cover the hospital attire they insisted I wear while staying in the facility.

"This room feels like it has everything you could possibly need. It even has a decent small kitchen." Lao said while letting his eyes roam around the spacious VVIP room. "You have a TV here, a fridge, your laptop is here, charging ports...as many as you want them. The bathroom even has a bathtub. This is like a hotel staycation for you."

I chuckled again. "I appreciate the pep talk, Lao, I truly do. But what I need is for all of this to be over so I can go back to Dayu." I said.

Lao sighed. "You miss him already?"

"I miss him even if he is standing in front of me," I said.

"Oh my...don't be cheesy like that. Please," Lao moaned like I am torturing him. I can only smile at him.

"Lets change the subject. Stop thinking about Dayu so you'll stop missing him as well." Lao said. "How about that meeting you had with Dylan Wei? How was it?"

"Dayu enjoyed taking a tour inside a club," I said.

"I said stop thinking about your husband!" Lao hissed in annoyance at me. He glared at me too. That made me laugh. Lao sighed again. "Hang in there, this will be over soon. You are scheduled for some blood tests and then you will have meetings with doctors so they can explain the whole proceedings to you again. The semen samples will be..."

Lao stopped talking when a knock came from outside the room. "Yes?" I called to whoever is knocking. The door opened and Chong entered, looking worried. "Lao, we have a problem." He said.