Villa

(KHAN SE ONG)

I hate this job.

Not guarding the Consort in particular. That one is easy. No, I hate this task that is part of my job which is to drive the Princess on her dates.

Actually, driving her to her dates were an annoyance but not hateful. I just hate this task right here because I am not driving Her Highness to a normal date. I am driving Her Highness to meet So YingJun. I am taking her to conduct a secret affair with an uprising model whose past was tangled with mine.

Fuck it!

"How was your meal with your family and Lao ge?" The Princess, sitting on the passenger seat, asked curiously.

I glanced at her before focusing on the road again. The digital clock on the car reads 8:36 pm. The agreed time for the meet up with So YingJun was 9pm tonight. We will arrive on the agreed meeting place on time.

"Its quite fine. Many members of my family approved of Uncle and Lao's relationship." I said evenly.

"I thought so too. Lao ge seems more relaxed after meeting your family. I guess they are settling in their relationship. I am happy for them,"

I glanced the princess again and saw her smiling. She seems indeed genuinely happy for Lao and my Uncle.

"The Crown Prince is married. Lao is in a steady relationship. The people you grew up with are settling down with partners of their own. Does that make you want to settle down yourself?" I asked casually.

"I don't know," I heard a deep sigh from the princess. "I think I have issues, Khan Se Ong. I thought I am getting the handle on things but we are driving right now for me to conduct a potential secret affair. I think that is proof enough that I am not yet ready for something steady."

"Thats honest," I said, surprised at her candidness.

"We are friends, why would I not be honest to you?" Princess Baozang chuckled. "You are in a unique position in my life. Our friendship is still new enough for me not to be scared of ending it if I see you judging me for my choices. At the same time, I don't want to lose you because I can tell you things I couldn't tell to my family and childhood friends in the fear that they will pity me. You don't pity me, do you?"

"No," I retorted easily.

"See?" Princess Baozang sounded relieved and happy. "Like I said, you are someone so unique in my life. You didn't see me grow up and learn everything about me but you know enough things about me to drive and guard me around. Though I guess you think of this as part of your job. Still, thank you. I don't think I can trust anyone else to do this for me but you."

"I am glad to be doing this for you, Your Highness." I said even though I feel resentment that I am taking her to meet and possibly sleep with So YingJun.

"Thank you, Khan Se Ong." The Princess let out a deep sigh. "I'll admit though, I am nervous."

"Don't be. If that guy does something to make you feel threaten, alert me immediately." I said as my hands tightened around the steering wheel. So YingJun better not do anything to hurt the princess or I will really kill him.

"I know. We rehearsed it already. We planned for this. I know what to do." The Princess nodded. What she said was right. We planned for every scenario on this meeting. From best to worst. From the King to Lao, they gave me instruction to look after the princess well. Even Uncle Chong gave me an advice.

"If YingJun act like he will put the princess in danger, kill him. I'll clean up after you."

Knowing that Uncle has a hand in helping the So siblings after I ruined their lives made his instruction felt wrong. But Uncle likes the princess as well. In the end, we are here to protect her. But she is not someone who we can put in a box and sealed away in safety. Hence, this affair.