Origin

(LAO)

"Hello, my love!" I watched in fascination as Chong greeted his motorbike after taking the protective cover off from the machine.

We went out of the Palace half an hour ago to get to this private garage where Chong stores his bikes. And we will ride his favorite.

It's a big bike. If I will estimate, the seats are about three and half foot from the ground, the wheels are in the thick side from other motorcycle that I saw and it's in that red and black color scheme that is a trademark of the bike's famous brand. Brand D.

"Love...meet my baby," Chong gestured at me. "Lao, meet my love. This is Angel..."

"Wait, you named your bike Angel?" Can it get more tacky?

"Yes. It's because I feel like I am flying when I ride it and it's like angels are singing in my ears..." Chong sounded
so proud. He is a 6'4, buffed ex mafia member and now a bodyguard of the Consort who named his bike Angel.

It's mind blowing.

"I didn't know you got this side." I said in wonder.

"What side?" Chong went back to investigating his "love". Touching the seats of the bike in loving gesture.

"This," I gestured at him. "Being materialistic. Loving a thing..."

"Lao!" I almost jumped in shock when Chong shouted my name. Chong put his finger on his lips. "Shhhh, Angel might hear you. She is not a thing. She is an angel." Then he turned back to his bike. "I'm sorry, Love. Lao didn't mean what he said. He didn't call you a "material" and you are definitely not a thing. You just heard him wrong."

Oh. My. God.

"Lao, apologize to Angel..." Chong gave me a begging look. "Her feelings are hurt."

Ah now it's clear. Why Chong and Dayu can connect.

They are both insane. In a some ways.

"I will not apologize to the bike, Chong." I made that clear with my words and tone.

Chong turned his back on me, "Then I will apologize for him, Angel. I'm sorry. But Lao is a nice guy. Really. He is just clueless sometimes." Then Chong continued touching his bike's seat slowly. Is caressing a more appropriate term?

Who would have thought? Yeah, not me.

"Shall I leave you and the bike alone?" I asked Chong.

"No. I am just calming her down." Chong said.

Oh boy. "Tell me you don't really hear the bike talking." Because I think we will have a big problem if Chong can hear his bike talking.

"No. Angel doesn't talk. But she has feelings, you know. Have you watched Cars. Dayu likes that cartoon..."

"Animated movie," I corrected him.

"Whatever," Chong dismissed me. "My point is, machines has feelings. Cars, trucks...bikes. They are alive, Lao. That's why we have five Transformers movie..."

No I don't think that is right...right?

"No, they are not, Chong. Not really. They are scraps of metal..."