Terms and Conditions

(CHONG)

"You want me to what?"

"Practice changing diapers on a dummy baby with me," Dayu said with a straight face.

I rubbed my chin. "Yes, thats what I thought you said. But for the life of me, I cannot think of a good reason why I should spend the afternoon of my day off doing that."

"You should because you'll be my child's godfather," Dayu retorted back evenly.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because you are my bestfriend," Dayu replied without missing a beat. We turned quiet at that. I sighed. "Can you say those words again? But this time look me straight in the eyes."

Dayu scowled at me. "We are friends."

"Thats a stretch. We are antagonistic to each other but have a camaraderie too. But alright, if you want us to be use the term frenemies, sure. We are that." I conceded. "Still, I thought you and your prince will choose Lao as your child's godfather."

"Yeah...well..."

"If its too crazy of a concept, don't tell me." I begged him.

Its been almost two years now since I met Dayu. From that moment on, my life has been bothing but both amazing and crazy. Probably because the people I met since Dayu were just that. Amazing and crazy. Even the person I fell in love with is like that. Lao is amazing and crazy at the same time.

And today is my day off. I love working as I truly enjoy my work and the people I surrounded myself with while in line of duty but I also look forward when I can relax all day, without worrying about subordinates and logistic.

Dayu called me in the Prince's Pavilion this afternoon though. And all because he wants me to join him as he practice diaper changing on a dummy baby.

"By the way, that looks creepy as fuck." I said while pointing at the dummy baby on the breakfast table. For some reason, Dayu decided to do this practice thing on the kitchen. He even has all the paraphelia; diapers, a changing pad under the dummy baby, and some hypoalergenic wipes and baby powder.

"Don't be mean to the baby and just help me," Dayu said.

"Where is Khan Se Ong?" I asked while looking around for my nephew.

"I took pity on him and let him do a stint of guarding BaoZang while the princess work with the Queen outside," Dayu grumbled. "Now stop stalling and sit down."

I sat down on a chair next to his. I stared at my Consort. "Whats going on with you? I thought this is supposed to be the happiest moments for you. Getting ready to welcome your heir with the Crown Prince. Why are you grumpy?"

"I'm not grumpy."

"You are...anxious. Why?"

I'm starting to dislike this situation. Whats making Dayu anxious? He shouldn't be. We worked hard for him to get his happily ever after with his prince.

"I had a lesson with the Queen the other day," Dayu said while he concentrates his eyes on the dummy baby. "It was...a bit enlightening. The lesson is not yet complete since Qing will handle intructing me once he became King and I became his King's Consort."

"And...whats the topic of this lesson?" I asked curiously.

Dayu turned his eyes on me. "What do you think will happen if the King went missing or died young or incapacitated to do his duties?"

"Oh, I see." Yes, I can now see why Dayu is acting all gruff like this. "Is that a threat to your King? I'll eliminate any threat, Dayu. Just tell me..." this is the job I do for him.