Wonderful

(KHAN SE ONG)

One week later...

The Consort told me not to complicate matters and disregard the unnecessary factors to solve a problem. When I did those methods to the things bothering my mind, I was left with just one factor to consider.

Princess BaoZang.

It all leads to her. So she is my problem, the most important factor to this question and the solution to everything. Once I got to the heart of the matter, things suddenly turned crystal clear to me.

I just need to focus myself on the Princess and I will know how to solve this problem. And I did just that. For weeks on end, I gritted my teeth and did my duty. I drove the princess around to her dates and her secret rendevouz with So YingJun. As always, her dates with boring aristocratical men failed but the princess perked up everytime its her time to see So YingJun.

I'll admit to hating that. Hating the thought of So YingJun touching Her Highness. But this is her choice and I slunked in the shadows with my unwarranted jealousy. Unwarranted because I have no rights to her and she is not mine. Those reasons that made me grit my teeth some more and stopped the dark impulses on me to get a weapon and kill someone.

But one day, I finally noticed something that not just puzzled me but also pushed me to call my sister to do something I know will land me on jail if someone knows about it.

"I need you to put an audio recorder on the villa where Her Highness is meeting So YingJun." I quietly said to CaiLin when we meet on my day off to have some coffee and bread. I know my sister could do it because she is a hacker with lots of tricks on her sleeves.

CaiLin looked up from staring at the design of her cuppaccino. She regarded me intently. "Have you finally lost your mind, Khan Se Ong?" My twin snickered. "You know what will happen to us once Uncle learned about what you are planning?"

"Uncle will probably throw us in a tower on an isolated island to shrivel and die." I said, half convinced of that, half guessing.

"And more," CaiLin agreed with me. "Uncle's security company is making a point and building a solid reputation on its name by protecting the Royal Family. If the public learned that someone is wiretapping or planting audio recorders near a royal, Uncle's business and name will take a hit. Brother dear, I am a shareholder on that company. You are practically telling me to do something to lose profits." CaiLin said. Showing her shrewd business sense that is not an unfamiliar trait on our family. We live for business. Darn it, we are children of a smuggler kingpin.

"No one will know." I sighed. "Cai, will you really do a sloppy job and let yourself and me be caught? Are you really my sister?"

Only Cai could pull off this operation. My sister is a mystery and her hacker persona is a smoke online and offline. No one knows about her smooth skill of surveilling and spying on people aside from our family.

Cai sighed. She leaned forward over the table to get closer to me. "At least tell me why I have to do this for you."

I leaned closer to her as well and whispered my answer. Cai was surprised for a moment but her expression smoothened as quickly. I smiled at her. "I just want a solid evidence on my hunch." I said before taking my iced Americano to drink it.

"Fine. At least pay me." Cai said.

That surprised me. This is the first time Cai is asking direct payment for me for doing a job/favor for me. I chuckled. "You want evidence to show Baba and Uncle that you helped me?"