Compromise

(CHONG)

Holy crap, its karaoke! My poor nephew, and whoever crazy enough to help him do this, turned the entertainment room into a karaoke.

"Its Dayu," Lao proudly whispered to me like I cannot guess who the crazy person behind all of these could be.

"Of course its him." I sighed. My boyfriend is busy recording whats happening right in front of us. My nephew, holding a mic, waiting for the right time to start singing. "But he cannot sing," I said. Nor dance. My nephew and nieces has no musical talent, probably because our family is not musically incline.

"Thats the best part about this," Lao gleefully nod.

Not for Se Ong who missed his intro and fumbled as he started singing.

"She's staring at me I'm sitting wonderin' whats she's thinking...nobodies talking coz talking just turn into screamin'...oh!"

Lao and I covered our mouths to prevent laughing when that "oh" sounded so high pitched.

But Se Ong continued.

"And then I start yellin' over her, she yellin' over me. All that it means, is neither of us is listenin'. And whats even worse than we don't even remember why we're fightin'...so both of us are mad for nothing...nothing...nothing..."

A "pfft" sound escaped my throat as it goes pitchy again. I'm no expert on music but I have ears and my nephew's singing is pitchy as fuck.

Lao grabbed my sleeve and shook it to remind me to be quiet. Se Ong's miserable singing continued. The Princess just sat there and watch it all happen. Its either she has tremendous control to block sounds or she actually likes Se Ong so much, she is enjoying the pitchy concert.

Either way, I think its too late to save her at this point. Because Se Ong started singing the chorus of the song.

"Oh baby I know sometimes its gonna rain. But baby can we make up now coz I can't sleep through the pain...can't sleep through the pain..."

I doubled the hand covering my mouth when Se Ong even sang the second voices. Oh, hell! His parents should see the video Lao is taking. Its gonna be a riot. And I can't even begin to think what CaiLin's reaction would be if she see her twin croaking and murdering this song.

"I don't want to go to bed, mad at you. And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me. No, I don't want to go to bed, mad at you. And I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me. Oh no..."

The song came to a sweet end. Then my nephew produced a bouquet of flowers and went down on one knee. "I'm sorry, if what I said hurt you. Those words were honest but I now know that truths could hurt too. Don't worry, I'm working hard to learn from Chief Lao and I'll continue to grow. Don't be mad anymore,"

"Okay!" Princess BaoZang lunged forward to hug my nephew who looked relieved that its finally over. Then he stared ahead, seeming like he's seeing Lao and I behind the curtains in front of him. "Okay, you can all come out now!"

Thats our cue to pull the curtain aside and came out laughing. I hysterically fell on my knees in the floor while Lao has retain his dignity by staying upright. Both of us laughing uproariously.

On the sideline, Dayu is cackling like a hyena too while the Crown Prince is suspiciously wiping something from his eyes.

Se Ong and BaoZang stood up. My nephew pressed on the remote again and the room turned full bright. I sat up slowly while still chuckling. I gave Se Ong a thumbs up, "Thats the best," I said before clapping.

The others clap as well. Dayu even whistled. "That was great! So worthy!"

The princess gave us a scowl. "You are all mean jerks. How could you?"