Bored

(DAYU)

"And so, you find guarding me boring now? What do you need, someone to try and kill me again so you can have some excitement on your job?" I asked Chong.

Everyone on that table stopped. Qing, who is about to place a piece of steamed codfish on my plate, frowned. "Love, I don't think that is what Chong wants..."

Chong, who has his eyes on me, sighed from the other side of the dining table. He is sitting next to Lao who also stopped chewing food on his mouth.

"I was actually wondering why no one else had tried to kill you again. When you are this infuriating," Chong said to me.

"Oh my..." Lao let his utensils go to drink some water. Qing cleared his throat and went back to looking at his food.

Chong and I glare at each other.

While the four of us are having dinner, Chong said that he finds his job a bit boring now. That he is thinking of changing things around.

That pricked something inside me. Making me irritated.

So I asked Chong if he wanted my life in peril again so he will stop feeling the boredom. And while Chong and I involved ourselves in a staring match, Lao and Qing are wisely staying silent.

The four of us had been working together for close to a year now. More or less, we are now aware of the dynamics around us.

Qing and I are married. Qing and Lao work together. Lao and Chong are dating. Chong and I work together. Lao and I are friends with a common goal to support Qing. Qing and Chong...I don't know and I don't care what their deal is but they respect each other.

Lao and Chong doesn't involve themselves when Qing and I have issues we have to solve as a married couple. Qing and I keep our hands and opinion away from Lao and Chong's "thing". Chong and I don't meddle with Qing and Lao's working relationship. Qing and Lao doesn't interfere with Chong's method of protecting me.

We have a system. The four of us.

So it's only natural that Qing and Lao will not instigate themselves on this issue between me and Chong. They grew quiet as Chong and I regard each other menacingly.

"What is your issue, really?" I asked Chong hotly.

"I have no issue. You are the sensitive ass who is taking my words out of context. Can't I be bored with my work once in a while? Believe it or not Dayu, watching you sit and plan meals for the Royal Family is not exciting for me." Chong retorted.

I gasped in shock. Lao sighed. Qing pushed food around his plate.

I look at Lao then to Chong and sneer, "I bet when you were guarding Qing while I was cocooned here in the Palace, you were not bored because you are with Lao," I huffed at my bodyguard.

Chong put his right arm and elbow on the table. "Are you really going to go there?"

"Yes. Why not?" I replied haughtily.

Chong nodded, "Fine. Let's go there. And to answer what you said...yes. I was not bored while guarding the Prince, for one I am outside and I can use my scouting skill. I also have other guards to direct and command. And yes, you are right, I am close to Lao and I can spend some time imagining him naked while looking at him standing near the Prince. I cannot do that with you because frankly, my Consort, I don't want to imagine you without your clothes off..."

"Hey!" Qing finally spoke up. "Never imagine my Consort naked! That is an order."

Lao moaned as if he is in pain. "Why? Why am I with the three of you? Why does this always happen when we are all together?"