Roped

(QING)

Fortunately, after our conversation about the crib and security purposes, Dayu's gloomy mood disappeared and my sweet and happy husband got back in my arms.

We enjoyed the movie while sharing little snacks and a can soda. We purposefully didn't fill ourselves with movie snacks since we are going to dinner after that.

When had to make a stop at one clothing shop to change clothes since the restaurant has a semi formal requirement for their patrons and guests. Dayu and I wore casual clothes to get to the drive in cinema to match our masks. Now, we can ditch the masks and stroll together in the restaurant where the staffs anticipated the arrival of the Crown Prince and his Consort.

"The private booth is already readied for you, Your Highness. Please have a pleasant dinner," the host of the restaurant bowed to me and Dayu.

"We intend to. Thank you so much for accomodating us," Dayu shook the hands of everyone who welcomed us in a true display of grace. The staffs seem thrilled to see and serve us.

But once we were seated, the staff kept a respectful distance from us. We are aware that photos were taken while we were walking to our table by the other customers but thats beyond our and the restaurants responsibility. And we have always understood that getting photographed is part of our life as Royals.

"The staff asked us to join a group photo later after we eat. Should we say yes?" Dayu asked me after our order was taken.

"Sure," I said. That won't be a problem. As long as this dinner date became a success and Dayu remain feeling good and smiling, I don't see anything wrong indulging him if he wants to be photographed with the restaurant staff.

Dayu reached for my hand. "Thank you for this. To be honest, I thought about refusing to go out with you but don't want to let your effort go to waste. Thank goodness we are here now. You really know how to cheer me up. I love the movie and you know I like the food in this place."

I squeezed his hand. "I hate seeing you sad. I married you to make you happy, not watch you have a hard time. I'm just glad you feel better now."

"Yes. Yes I do," Dayu grinned at me. When our drinks arrived, glasses of chardonnay, we clinked our glasses and drank together. "Hmmm, it tastes good. Tart but good." Dayu enjoyed the wine.

"Yes, its good." We smile at each other.

That easy atmosphere between us continued as we eat our food. We ordered lobster bisque as Dayu like them and lamb chops for main. Dayu and I talked about the projects he'll be collaborating with my mother while I entertain him with my stories about my meetings with different organization leaders. Some funny snippets of when someone won't let Lao's hand go as they thought Lao was Dayu.

"You should've have seen Lao's face when someone mistake him as you. I would say he looked offended for the both of you," I said while chuckling.

"Oh poor Lao. You should have taken a photo of that moment for me and Chong." Dayu laughed with me.

"Lao was wincing so hard and couldn't speak for a moment. Then he said, "No, I'm not the Crown Prince's Consort, I'm his Chief Aide. You are allow to mistake me for anyone else but please, when you meet the real Consort, don't ever mistake him for anyone else as that would be an insult to the Royal Family". I swear he turned that moment into a lecture for those who mistook him for you. He even pulled out his phone to let them see your photo so they'll know what you look like,"

Dayu's eyes widened. "Oh no. I feel second hand embarassment for everyone in that scenario. Oh..." he covered his mouth while chuckling. I reached over to pick a stray crumb on his chin. He is adorable.